Caribbean Premier League 2019 – St Lucia Zouks vs Barbados Tridents Preview & Prediction
When is St Lucia Zouks vs Barbados Tridents taking place? Saturday 21st September, 2019 – 01:00 (UK)
Where is St Lucia Zouks vs Barbados Tridents taking place? Daren Sammy National Cricket Stadium, Gros Islet
What is the expected weather for St Lucia Zouks vs Barbados Tridents? 31c with sunshine forecast
What television channel is St Lucia Zouks vs Barbados Tridents on in the UK? All CPL T20 matches will be shown live on Sky Sports Cricket
Where can I stream St Lucia Zouks vs Barbados Tridents in the UK? Sky Go subscribers can stream the match live on their platform
Where can I get tickets for St Lucia Zouks vs Barbados Tridents? Visit the official CPL website for ticket information
What was the outcome in the last meeting? St Lucia Zouks beat Barbados Tridents by 6 wickets
THE TEAM NEWS
ST LUCIA ZOUKS
- St Lucia Zouks have made another poor start to their CPL campaign as they have lost three of their opening four matches and they need a win against the Tridents here as they are a direct competitor for a knockout phase place.
- Batting continues to be their major weakness with only Rahkeem Cornwall having scored more than 100 runs combined in their opening four matches so that has to be remedied if they are to win more games and reach the semi-finals.
- The team will be boosted however by the arrival of Colin Ingram who has joined up with the team as Thisara Perera has been called up by Sri Lanka and he has particularly struggled with the bat so Ingram’s arrival comes at a good time and they need him to hit the ground running.
- Barbados Tridents have only played three matches so far in this year’s CPL and they will be keen for a run of matches now in an attempt to build some momentum and form to push towards a semi-final spot.
- The Tridents continue to have issues with their overseas players as the trio of Pakistani players – Asif Ali, Imad Wasim and Wahab Riaz are all unavailable due to international commitments while Alex Hales and the newly-signed Dan Christian are both in England for the T20 Blast Finals Day.
- That leaves them significantly under-strength for this match and will increase the reliance on skipper Jason Holder, JP Duminy and Sandeep Lamichhane coming into this game especially if the injured Shai Hope misses out once again.
St Lucia Zouks and Barbados Tridents have played the fewest matches so far and both sit on just two points in the CPL ladder. The two teams will be desperate to get some form and momentum now, but that may be difficult for the Tridents who are missing some key players. The Zouks have hardly been convincing themselves so far but the arrival of Colin Ingram should provide them with a timely boost. Unless the Tridents' key men can really step up, they may be a little short on all-round quality here and the Zouks have to be favoured.