Caribbean Premier League 2019 – St Kitts and Nevis Patriots vs St Lucia Zouks Preview & Prediction
When is St Kitts and Nevis Patriots vs St Lucia Zouks taking place? Sunday 15th September, 2019 – 23:00 (UK)
Where is St Kitts and Nevis Patriots vs St Lucia Zouks taking place? Warner Park, Basseterre
What is the expected weather for St Kitts and Nevis Patriots vs St Lucia Zouks? 24c with 80% humidity expected so dew will be a major factor as this game goes on
What television channel is St Kitts and Nevis Patriots vs St Lucia Zouks on in the UK? All CPL T20 matches will be shown live on Sky Sports Cricket
Where can I stream St Kitts and Nevis Patriots vs St Lucia Zouks in the UK? Sky Go subscribers can stream the match live on their platform
Where can I get tickets for St Kitts and Nevis Patriots vs St Lucia Zouks? Visit the official CPL website for ticket information
What was the outcome in the last meeting? No result
THE TEAM NEWS
ST KITTS AND NEVIS PATRIOTS
- After breaking all kinds of records in their impressive run chase on Tuesday racking up 242/6 against the Tallawahs, the Patriots have come back down to earth with two defeats in a row with the latest coming on Saturday as they were bowled out for a paltry 121 against Guyana Amazon Warriors who eased to victory.
- They struggled to deal with the spin trio of Tahir, Green and Ahmed on home turf in that game and they will have to improve as they come up against the Zouks’ Fawad Ahmed who has started this CPL campaign well.
- Their own bowling unit had very little chance of defending 121 on Saturday but they did at least see the return of Sheldon Cottrell whose inclusion will be key in this game, while they will be hoping Evin Lewis can return at the top of the order to bolster the batting line-up.
ST LUCIA ZOUKS
- St Lucia Zouks got their first win of the 2019 CPL campaign at the third time of asking last time out as they beat Jamaica Tallawahs by five wickets with all-rounder Rahkeem Cornwall starring with 75 from 30 balls as they successfully chased down 170 with more than three overs to spare.
- The victory over the Tallawahs on Thursday also saw the inclusion of overseas stars De Grandhomme and Viljoen who arrived to play their first games of CPL 2019 and the addition of those two added a new dimension to the team.
- A side containing three all-rounders like Cornwall, De Grandhomme and Thisara Perera offers incredible depth to the batting line-up and they can use up to seven bowlers in addition, and the likelihood is that they go unchanged here from the team that beat the Tallawahs.
St Kitts and Nevis Patriots are coming off a dismal defeat on Saturday night against leaders Guyana so they will have to bounce back quickly here against the St Lucia Zouks. The visitors won last time out and were boosted by the arrival of overseas stars De Grandhomme and Viljoen. The Zouks look strong in all facets of the game with the inclusion of those two players and that should see them kick on in the tournament now. The Patriots on the other hand have lost four of their five matches and the vulnerability to spin was more than evident on Saturday where they lost seven wickets to spinners. They will find Fawad Ahmed and Rahkeem Cornwall just as difficult here, while the more reliable batting line-up of the Zouks should guide them to victory.