Caribbean Premier League 2019 – St Kitts and Nevis Patriots vs Barbados Tridents Preview & Prediction
When is St Kitts and Nevis Patriots vs Barbados Tridents taking place? Wednesday 11th September, 2019 – 23:00 (UK)
Where is St Kitts and Nevis Patriots vs Barbados Tridents taking place? Warner Park, Basseterre
What is the expected weather for St Kitts and Nevis Patriots vs Barbados Tridents? 28c with no rain forecast but 80% humidity
What television channel is St Kitts and Nevis Patriots vs Barbados Tridents on in the UK? All CPL T20 matches will be shown live on Sky Sports Cricket
Where can I stream St Kitts and Nevis Patriots vs Barbados Tridents in the UK? Sky Go subscribers can stream the match live on their platform
Where can I get tickets for St Kitts and Nevis Patriots vs Barbados Tridents? Visit the official CPL website for ticket information
What was the outcome in the last meeting? St Kitts and Nevis Patriots beat Barbados Tridents by 2 wickets
THE TEAM NEWS
ST KITTS AND NEVIS PATRIOTS
- St Kitts and Nevis Patriots picked up their first win of CPL 2019 in a record-breaking match as they produced the second highest run chase in T20 history with their 242/6 to beat Jamaica Tallawahs by four wickets in a stunning match.
- Devon Thomas and Evin Lewis were outstanding in the run chase with quickfire half-centuries and Laurie Evans continued the impressive strike-rate as they ultimately won with seven balls remaining so they will look to continue that form in the second of two back-to-back matches here.
- The bowling unit will be desperate to improve as they face another team in the Tridents who possess plenty of big-hitting batsmen themselves while they will need to be a more intelligent with their decision-making in the field also as that was questionable at times on Tuesday evening. Sheldon Cottrell missed the match on Tuesday and they will be desperately hoping he is available to return for this game to boost their bowling attack.
- Barbados Tridents have only played one match so far in the CPL 2019 so they are playing catch up on the teams around them as their only game ended in defeat against the impressive Guyana Amazon Warriors last week.
- Sandeep Lamichhane picked up an injury in that match after bowling just one over and he is a major doubt here, while they may be without West Indies star Shai Hope once again as he continues his recovery from a hand injury.
- Hayden Walsh is the man most likely to deputise for the Nepalese leg-spinner if Lamichhane is ruled out while JP Duminy may bowl some of his part-time spin if required, although ultimately they will have to produce a much better display with the bat to compete with the big-hitting Patriots on this small pitch.
St Kitts and Nevis Patriots were involved in a staggering record-breaking match on Tuesday evening and they will have to do it all again against the Barbados Tridents here. The small pitch at Basseterre will likely lead to another high-scoring affair so much will come down to which bowling unit can do best against two big-hitting batting line-ups. The schedule so far has seen the Tridents play just one match unlike the Patriots who have had three. The very fact they have been able to get up to speed and find some form should favour the home side here with Patriots likely to pick up another victory.