Caribbean Premier League 2019 Qualifier 1 – Guyana Amazon Warriors vs Barbados Tridents Preview & Prediction
When is Guyana Amazon Warriors vs Barbados Tridents taking place? Sunday 6th October, 2019 – 20:30 (UK)
Where is Guyana Amazon Warriors vs Barbados Tridents taking place? Guyana National Stadium, Providence
What is the expected weather for Guyana Amazon Warriors vs Barbados Tridents? 29c with warm weather forecast all day and increasingly humid into the evening
What television channel is Guyana Amazon Warriors vs Barbados Tridents on in the UK? All CPL T20 matches will be shown live on Sky Sports Cricket
Where can I stream Guyana Amazon Warriors vs Barbados Tridents in the UK? Sky Go subscribers can stream the match live on their platform
Where can I get tickets for Guyana Amazon Warriors vs Barbados Tridents? Visit the official CPL website for ticket information
What was the outcome in the last meeting? Guyana Amazon Warriors beat Barbados Tridents by 12 runs (D/L method)
THE TEAM NEWS
GUYANA AMAZON WARRIORS
- Guyana Amazon Warriors made history in the group phase winning all ten of their matches and they will now be under some pressure to win the trophy after such an impressive effort so far.
- The Amazon Warriors will be keen to seal another win and move straight into the final to avoid having to play another match, and it is highly unlikely they will change from their spin-heavy game plan and starting line-up with their only real decision to make is whether to go with Romario Shepherd or Ben Laughlin.
- The big boost from the final group stage victory over Trinbago Knight Riders was the unbeaten half century for Nicholas Pooran who hit 54 from 35 balls, as he has struggled in the tournament so far, but he is showing a return to form at just the right time of the competition.
- Barbados Tridents won their last two matches to finish in second place by virtue of a superior net run rate, and their strong end to the season coupled with some good overseas signings like Shakib Al Hasan will give them confidence coming into the play-offs.
- The bowling unit is arguably the best in the tournament and the arrival of Shakib and Gurney has given them a major boost along with Hayden Walsh who has unquestionably been the revelation in CPL 2019 with his 17 wickets in just six matches.
- They will have been heartened by the 33 runs scored by Alex Hales last time out as he had previously been struggling with the bat, and their batting is going to have to improve if they are to support their bowlers and match the Amazon Warriors.
It is difficult to predict against Guyana Amazon Warriors after their stunning CPL 2019 group stage performances where they won all ten matches. Barbados Tridents may be the one team that is suited to beating them however as they have an outstanding bowling attack that can win any game. Their batting will need to be at their best but they are capable of springing an upset here. That said, the Amazon Warriors are flying with confidence and they just have the greater all-round quality combined with their high confidence levels.