Caribbean Premier League 2019 – Jamaica Tallawahs vs St Kitts and Nevis Patriots Preview & Prediction
When is Jamaica Tallawahs vs St Kitts and Nevis Patriots taking place? Friday 20th September, 2019 – 01:00 (UK)
Where is Jamaica Tallawahs vs St Kitts and Nevis Patriots taking place? Sabina Park, Kingston
What is the expected weather for Jamaica Tallawahs vs St Kitts and Nevis Patriots? 29c with a 50% chance of showers that may disrupt the game
What television channel is Jamaica Tallawahs vs St Kitts and Nevis Patriots on in the UK? All CPL T20 matches will be shown live on Sky Sports Cricket
Where can I stream Jamaica Tallawahs vs St Kitts and Nevis Patriots in the UK? Sky Go subscribers can stream the match live on their platform
Where can I get tickets for Jamaica Tallawahs vs St Kitts and Nevis Patriots? Visit the official CPL website for ticket information
What was the outcome in the last meeting? St Kitts and Nevis Patriots beat Jamaica Tallawahs by 6 wickets
THE TEAM NEWS
- Jamaica Tallawahs slipped to their fifth defeat in their opening six matches on Wednesday night as their bowlers struggled yet again, with the Amazon Warriors racking up 218/6 and the Tallawahs were bowled out for just 137.
- Oshane Thomas and Andre Russell both returned to the starting line-up but that did not help them and although Dre Russ did well with bat and ball, fast bowler Thomas was smashed around the ground - conceding more than 50 runs for the third time in his last four matches.
- There is a chance that he could be withdrawn from the firing line once again here as he continues to struggle and his pace, and inability to vary it, suits big-hitting batsmen nicely. He did, however, take four wickets the last time these two teams met, so the Tallawahs may go unchanged here.
ST KITTS AND NEVIS PATRIOTS
- St Kitts and Nevis Patriots are giving themselves an excellent chance of reaching the semi-finals as they come off a Super Over victory against the previously unbeaten Trinbago Knight Riders thanks to skipper Carlos Brathwaite’s heroics.
- The Patriots have just three matches remaining in the group phase and sit on six points, but they know they need a couple more wins ideally to give them some breathing space as the Zouks have only played four games and the Tridents just three behind them.
- They will try to improve their economy rate, especially knowing they are coming up against Chris Gayle and Dre Russ here, but they will take heart from the fact they chased down 241 when these two teams met last week.
This is pretty much last chance saloon time for Jamaica Tallawahs who have just one win from six matches and time is running out for them. They are in complete disarray right now as their bowling unit is pretty poor even though Dernbach’s arrival has marginally improved them, while their poor catching is costing them dearly in the field. Whether they bat or ball first, they are struggling to piece together a win and this will not be an easy match for them. The Patriots have already beaten them once this season and they just have the better balance all-round. They can score heavily but they also have an elite bowling unit which cannot be said for the Tallawahs. Despite the presence of Gayle and Russell, the Tallawahs are severely lacking in so many areas and may suffer another defeat here.