Caribbean Premier League 2019 – Jamaica Tallawahs vs Guyana Amazon Warriors Preview & Prediction
When is Jamaica Tallawahs vs Guyana Amazon Warriors taking place? Thursday 19th September, 2019 – 01:00 (UK)
Where is Jamaica Tallawahs vs Guyana Amazon Warriors taking place? Sabina Park, Kingston
What is the expected weather for Jamaica Tallawahs vs Guyana Amazon Warriors? 30c and clear skies but 80% humidity which will see plenty of dew as this match progresses
What television channel is Jamaica Tallawahs vs Guyana Amazon Warriors on in the UK? All CPL T20 matches will be shown live on Sky Sports Cricket
Where can I stream Jamaica Tallawahs vs Guyana Amazon Warriors in the UK? Sky Go subscribers can stream the match live on their platform
Where can I get tickets for Jamaica Tallawahs vs Guyana Amazon Warriors? Visit the official CPL website for ticket information
What was the outcome in the last meeting? Jamaica Tallawahs beat Guyana Amazon Warriors by 8 wickets
THE TEAM NEWS
- Jamaica Tallawahs managed to keep their CPL season alive with victory last time out against Barbados Tridents which was their first win of the campaign after losing their opening four matches.
- The foundation for victory in that match was an economical bowling performance for the first time in the tournament as they were boosted by the inclusion of new recruit Jade Dernbach who took 1/16 from his three overs while Lewis, Worker and Zahir Khan also bowled well.
- Chadwick Walton was the star with the bat this time as they chased down the total of 141 but they will have to bat even better and bowl just as well against the formidable Amazon Warriors batting line-up here for a match which may see them go unchanged.
GUYANA AMAZON WARRIORS
- Guyana Amazon Warriors are battling it out with Trinbago Knight Riders at the top of the CPL ladder but they remain the only team with a 100% winning record and they will be keen to extend this run and put a further dent in the Tallawahs’ hopes of reaching the semi-finals.
- The spin trio of Chris Green, Imran Tahir and Qais Ahmed is proving to be a major threat in this tournament and they supplement the likes of Shepherd and Paul in what is one of the best bowling attacks in the tournament.
- The batting remains formidable also as they bat deeper than most teams and after winning all of their matches so far, there is little reason for them to make any unforced changes to their team.
It's desperate times for the Tallawahs as even though they won last time out, they simply need to put a string of victories together to bounce back from their run of four defeats. That will be a tough task against Guyana Amazon Warriors who have won all four matches so far and look formidable. There looks to be very few chinks in their armour, with only complacency a threat to them right now, and even still they have so much depth that they can afford for some players not to perform. Unless the Tallawahs can raise their performance levels even further from the win over the Tridents, the Amazon Warriors should pick up a fifth consecutive win here.