Caribbean Premier League 2019 – Jamaica Tallawahs vs Barbados Tridents Preview & Prediction
When is Jamaica Tallawahs vs Barbados Tridents taking place? Sunday 15th September, 2019 – 18:00 (UK)
Where is Jamaica Tallawahs vs Barbados Tridents taking place? Sabina Park, Kingston
What is the expected weather for Jamaica Tallawahs vs Barbados Tridents? 33c and increasing humidity up to 75%
What television channel is Jamaica Tallawahs vs Barbados Tridents on in the UK? All CPL T20 matches will be shown live on Sky Sports Cricket
Where can I stream Jamaica Tallawahs vs Barbados Tridents in the UK? Sky Go subscribers can stream the match live on their platform
Where can I get tickets for Jamaica Tallawahs vs Barbados Tridents? Visit the official CPL website for ticket information
What was the outcome in the last meeting? Jamaica Tallawahs beat Barbados Tridents by 5 wickets
THE TEAM NEWS
- Jamaica Tallawahs sit rock bottom of the CPL ladder having lost all four matches and the crisis hit new heights on Friday as they were comfortably beaten by Trinbago Knight Riders as skipper Chris Gayle was hugely critical of his team following the latest defeat.
- Following a nasty hit on the head, star all-rounder Andre Russell missed the last game and with such a short turnaround in matches, there is every chance he will miss out here too even though the Tallawahs are desperate for his return.
- The club are already looking at bringing in reinforcements with Surrey bowler Jade Dernbach believed to be close to joining the club as the bowling unit has undoubtedly been their weak link having conceded 849 runs in their opening four games, and changes are expected for this match.
- While some teams have already played four or five matches in the CPL already, the Barbados Tridents have played just two so far and they broke their duck last time out when they beat St Kitts and Nevis Patriots by 18 runs.
- There is every chance that they will name an unchanged side for this game as they looked excellent all-round against the Patriots with the batting unit looking exceptionally strong, while the bowling attack led by Holder, Nurse, Lalor and Lamichhane is equally as strong.
- English opener Alex Hales has yet to fire so far with innings of 0 and 18 so far, and he will be looking to make a major contribution here against such a wayward bowling attack which would boost them even further alongside the in-form Charles, Duminy and Boucher.
There is major pressure on Jamaica Tallawahs as one of the biggest most well-supported teams in the CPL are going through something of a crisis having lost their first four matches. Their team is incredibly imbalanced which makes it difficult to see how they can turn this around unless their bowlers improve drastically. They come up against a Tridents team which may not be quite a gifted with the bat, but have much more depth and quality in all facets of the game. Another high-scoring affair looks highly likely here, and Gayle may well nullify the threat of Lamichhane, but it is difficult to oppose the Tridents against this poor Tallawahs line-up.