Caribbean Premier League 2019 – Guyana Amazon Warriors vs Trinbago Knight Riders Preview & Prediction
When is Guyana Amazon Warriors vs Trinbago Knight Riders taking place? Saturday 5th October, 2019 – 01:00 (UK)
Where is Guyana Amazon Warriors vs Trinbago Knight Riders taking place? Guyana National Stadium, Providence
What is the expected weather for Guyana Amazon Warriors vs Trinbago Knight Riders? 30c with cloud and up to 80% humidity which will see dew affect play later in the game
What television channel is Guyana Amazon Warriors vs Trinbago Knight Riders on in the UK? All CPL T20 matches will be shown live on Sky Sports Cricket
Where can I stream Guyana Amazon Warriors vs Trinbago Knight Riders in the UK? Sky Go subscribers can stream the match live on their platform
Where can I get tickets for Guyana Amazon Warriors vs Trinbago Knight Riders? Visit the official CPL website for ticket information
What was the outcome in the last meeting? Guyana Amazon Warriors beat Trinbago Knight Riders by 19 runs
THE TEAM NEWS
GUYANA AMAZON WARRIORS
- Guyana Amazon Warriors collected their ninth consecutive win of CPL 2019 against Jamaica Tallawahs last time out as they recovered from 8/4 to post a competitive 156/6 thanks to superb knocks by skipper Shoaib Malik (73*) and Sherfane Rutherford.
- The first 14 overs bowled on Thursday night were all spin as Chris Green, Imran Tahir, Qais Ahmed and Chandrapaul Hemraj combined to swing the game in their favour once again and Green’s wicket with the very first ball when he bowled Chris Gayle gave them a sensational start.
- Even when their top order failed they still managed to win, but they will be keen on getting more time at the crease for the likes of Nicholas Pooran who is struggling badly right now but that really is clutching at straws as they continue to find ways to win.
TRINBAGO KNIGHT RIDERS
- Trinbago Knight Riders will once again face off against Guyana Amazon Warriors who they lost to earlier this week and, following their loss to the Tridents, it is now five games without victory which is a stark contrast to the fast start they made to the tournament where they won their first four in CPL 2019.
- Injuries have blighted the Knight Riders all tournament but the real loss is the absence of Sunil Narine as it upsets the balance of the team in terms of bowling and at the top of the order where they have tried three different opening partnerships in the last three games.
- There is a chance that they will risk Narine whose finger problem continues to trouble him although that would seem more likely in the play-offs so a struggling Jimmy Neesham may get another chance to open with the in-form Lendl Simmons as they will desperately hope the likes of Neesham, Munro and Ramdin can find some form quickly.
This is another fascinating matchup as Guyana Amazon Warriors have a great chance of making history by sealing a tenth consecutive victory in the CPL and maintaining their 100% winning record. Trinbago Knight Riders are in poor form as they have lost four and had one washout in their last five, and they could dearly do with a win before the knockout phase commences. There is very little evidence to suggest they will be able to upset this Amazon Warriors team who were tested on Thursday by Jamaica Tallawahs but still pulled through comfortably. Unless the Knight Riders can find some magic from somewhere, form, team news and momentum is all in the Guyana side’s favour here.