Caribbean Premier League 2019 – Guyana Amazon Warriors vs St Lucia Zouks Preview & Prediction
When is Guyana Amazon Warriors vs St Lucia Zouks taking place? Thursday 5th September, 2019 – 23:00 (UK)
Where is Guyana Amazon Warriors vs St Lucia Zouks taking place? Guyana National Stadium, Providence
What is the expected weather for Guyana Amazon Warriors vs St Lucia Zouks? 30c with sunshine and cloudy spells
What television channel is Guyana Amazon Warriors vs St Lucia Zouks on in the UK? All CPL T20 matches will be shown live on Sky Sports Cricket
Where can I stream Guyana Amazon Warriors vs St Lucia Zouks in the UK? Sky Go subscribers can stream the match live on their platform
Where can I get tickets for Guyana Amazon Warriors vs St Lucia Zouks? Visit the official CPL website for ticket information
What was the outcome in the last meeting? St Lucia Zouks beat Guyana Amazon Warriors by 6 wickets
THE TEAM NEWS
GUYANA AMAZON WARRIORS
- The Guyana Amazon Warriors have been runners-up on three separate occasions but have yet to win the CPL so that has to be their main aim coming into this new campaign, and there is plenty of excitement around this talented young team.
- The duo of Nicholas Pooran and Shimron Hetmyer in the middle order ranks as one of the most fearsome in the entire tournament and they form part of a strong line-up along with Sherfane Rutherford and Shoaib Malik.
- The team will be skippered by Australian all-rounder Chris Green and he will be a key member of their bowling attack along with Pakistani leg-spinner Shadab Khan and compatriot Ben Laughlin as they look to make a fast start to the tournament.
ST LUCIA ZOUKS
- St Lucia Stars have rebranded themselves as the St Lucia Zouks after the Stars were axed from the 2019 tournament and they returned as the Zouks in August so they will be hoping that the change in name may bring a change in fortunes as they have yet to finish any higher than fourth since the inception of the tournament.
- The squad has seen plenty of change from the initial group of players that were earmarked for this campaign as Malinga, Thisara Perera, Dickwella and Beuran Hendricks are all expected to miss the tournament or at least parts of it, so they have signed Cameron Delport, Hardus Viljoen, Najibullah Zadran and Colin de Grandhomme although Delport and De Grandhomme miss out here due to other commitments
- Veteran Darren Sammy will lead the team but they will need big contributions from locals such as Andre Fletcher, John Campbell, Obed McCoy and Rakeem Cornwall especially early in the tournament until their team settles down with their overseas players.
Guyana Amazon Warriors rank among the favourites for the CPL crown this year and with good reason. They have plenty of quality throughout the team and the perfect mix between youth and experience. They have one of the strongest sets of local players of any team while their overseas players will be key also. In contrast, the St Lucia Zouks look significantly inferior in all facets. Their summer has been disrupted by the uncertainty over their participation and their roster is unsettled due to all the changes to their overseas players. They look set for another tough tournament ahead and the Amazon Warriors should ease to victory here.