Caribbean Premier League 2019 – Guyana Amazon Warriors vs St Kitts and Nevis Patriots Preview & Prediction
When is Guyana Amazon Warriors vs St Kitts and Nevis Patriots taking place? Sunday 8th September, 2019 – 01:00 (UK)
Where is Guyana Amazon Warriors vs St Kitts and Nevis Patriots taking place? Guyana National Stadium, Providence
What is the expected weather for Guyana Amazon Warriors vs St Kitts and Nevis Patriots? 27c with clear skies
What television channel is Guyana Amazon Warriors vs St Kitts and Nevis Patriots on in the UK? All CPL T20 matches will be shown live on Sky Sports Cricket
Where can I stream Guyana Amazon Warriors vs St Kitts and Nevis Patriots in the UK? Sky Go subscribers can stream the match live on their platform
Where can I get tickets for Guyana Amazon Warriors vs St Kitts and Nevis Patriots? Visit the official CPL website for ticket information
What was the outcome in the last meeting? Guyana Amazon Warriors beat St Kitts and Nevis Patriots by 4 wickets
THE TEAM NEWS
GUYANA AMAZON WARRIORS
- Guyana Amazon Warriors got their CPL campaign off to a solid start as last year’s runners-up held off St Lucia Zouks’ run chase to claim a 13-run win with a good all-round effort from Chris Green arguably the difference between the two teams.
- Green hit 28 off just 15 in a nice cameo after coming in at eight with his side posting 155/9 before he then took 2-28 whilst Shadab Khan was also superb with the ball with figures of 3-16 with the Zouks falling short in their chase.
- In an interesting move, the Amazon Warriors decided to split Shimron Hetmyer and Nicholas Pooran in the order with the latter coming in at five which gives them more balance further in the middle of the order and they also showed they can bat deep in their opening game.
ST KITTS AND NEVIS PATRIOTS
- St Kitts and Nevis Patriots were outclassed by Trinbago Knight Riders as the back-to-back winners highlighted how much work the Patriots need to do if they are to challenge for the title.
- They failed to capitalise on a good start having reduced the Knights Riders to 20/3 but a recovery by the middle order saw them reach 152/7 and despite the Patriots starting their chase strongly, they did not score quickly enough and fell to an 11-run defeat.
- Having blown a great chance to lay down a marker against the reigning champions, they will have to respond here but will have to be more consistent with both bat and ball and Sheldon Cottrell will be key after a superb performance in the opening game.
St Kitts and Nevis Patriots were left to rue their inability to build on promising positions as they fell to defeat against Trinbago Knight Riders in their opening game. They now face another tough test against Guyana Amazon Warriors who were too good for St Lucia Zouks first up but still have plenty of room for improvement. The Amazon Warriors will need to be better in this game but have it in them to do so and can make it back-to-back wins at the start of this competition.