Caribbean Premier League 2019 – Guyana Amazon Warriors vs Jamaica Tallawahs Preview & Prediction
When is Guyana Amazon Warriors vs Jamaica Tallawahs taking place? Thursday 3rd October, 2019 – 23:00 (UK)
Where is Guyana Amazon Warriors vs Jamaica Tallawahs taking place? Guyana National Stadium, Providence
What is the expected weather for Guyana Amazon Warriors vs Jamaica Tallawahs? 29c with clear skies
What television channel is Guyana Amazon Warriors vs Jamaica Tallawahs on in the UK? All CPL T20 matches will be shown live on Sky Sports Cricket
Where can I stream Guyana Amazon Warriors vs Jamaica Tallawahs in the UK? Sky Go subscribers can stream the match live on their platform
Where can I get tickets for Guyana Amazon Warriors vs Jamaica Tallawahs? Visit the official CPL website for ticket information
What was the outcome in the last meeting? Guyana Amazon Warriors beat Jamaica Tallawahs by 81 runs
THE TEAM NEWS
GUYANA AMAZON WARRIORS
- Guyana Amazon Warriors come into their penultimate match of the group phase having won all previous eight matches in a spectacular CPL 2019 campaign so far and they now face off against Jamaica Tallawahs whose tournament has been as disappointing as the Amazon Warriors’ has been impressive.
- They are coming off a 19-run victory over Trinbago Knight Riders last time out and once again it was their star spin duo of Chris Green (2/18) and Imran Tahir (2/32) that made the difference as they successfully defended their total of 185/6.
- The top order produced the goods once again with Hemraj smashing 66 from 42 balls and Hetmyer scoring 48 from 38 but there will be some concerns over the middle order with Nicholas Pooran out for a duck, and the talented Trinidadian will be desperate for an innings after failing to make an impact in the tournament so far.
- It has been a CPL 2019 campaign to forget for this star-studded Jamaica Tallawahs who will finish bottom of the ladder having picked up just two wins in their nine matches played so far as they come into this final game.
- They will want to sign off with a positive performance and result here however and they have some players who have something to play for as Glenn Phillips will be keen to get more runs to cement his lead at the top of the runscoring rankings, while Liton Das who has only just arrived will be keen to do well in an attempt to earn a future CPL contract.
- The bowling unit continues to be the weak link as it has been throughout the entire CPL which is largely due to the poor recruitment and distribution of their budget when signing players, and that imbalance will likely see them struggle against the best team in the tournament once again.
It is difficult to oppose this Guyana Amazon Warriors team in CPL 2019 given how they have won all eight matches played, and they will now think they could go through the entire tournament unbeaten. They face a Jamaica Tallawahs team that has nothing to play for in this final game and while they can play with freedom, that may not particularly help them against such an in-form side. Their bowling has been weak throughout the CPL 2019 and the Amazon Warriors will relish taking them apart here. The likes of Chris Gayle struggling at times against spin early in his innings does not bode well against Green and Imran Tahir, so barring complacency, the Guyanese side could make it nine wins from nine.