Caribbean Premier League 2019 – Barbados Tridents vs Trinbago Knight Riders Preview & Prediction
When is Barbados Tridents vs Trinbago Knight Riders taking place? Thursday 26th September, 2019 – 23:00 (UK)
Where is Barbados Tridents vs Trinbago Knight Riders taking place? Kensington Oval, Bridgetown
What is the expected weather for Barbados Tridents vs Trinbago Knight Riders? 30c with a small chance of showers
What television channel is Barbados Tridents vs Trinbago Knight Riders on in the UK? All CPL T20 matches will be shown live on Sky Sports Cricket
Where can I stream Barbados Tridents vs Trinbago Knight Riders in the UK? Sky Go subscribers can stream the match live on their platform
Where can I get tickets for Barbados Tridents vs Trinbago Knight Riders? Visit the official CPL website for ticket information
What was the outcome in the last meeting? Trinbago Knight Riders beat Barbados Tridents by 9 runs
THE TEAM NEWS
- Barbados Tridents have dropped out of the play-off places after losing their last two matches so they will be desperate to get back to winning ways quickly even though they still have four matches to play in CPL 2019.
- Their inconsistent batting performances have crept back in as they have been bowled out for 138 by Guyana Amazon Warriors and then restricted to 122/9 against Jamaica Tallawahs last time out, and that simply has to be remedied if they are to reach the knockout phase.
- Harry Gurney arrived to play their last match after joining from Notts Outlaws to join up with his team-mate Alex Hales, while they will hope to be able to count on Dan Christian for this match and Shakib Al Hasan will shortly arrive to replace the departing Sandeep Lamichhane after this match.
TRINBAGO KNIGHT RIDERS
- Trinbago Knight Riders' impressive start of four consecutive wins has been slowed down after losing to the Patriots on a Super Over, and then seeing their match against the St. Lucia Zouks washed out last time so they will want to bounce back here.
- Since the departure of Mohammad Hasnain and the injury to Sunil Narine, who remains a question mark with his finger problem, their bowling attack has looked weakened so they continue to rely heavily on their batting.
- Lendl Simmons is in sparkling form while Colin Munro is also looking ominous so they will look to overpower the Tridents with the bat here, but any further recruits to the side will surely come to bolster their fragile bowling attack.
Barbados Tridents are not exactly in great form right now but they are bringing in various players like Gurney, Christian and Shakib Al Hasan as they clearly expect to reach the play-offs. They face a tough test here in the Knight Riders whose batting prowess is formidable but their bowling attack has several question marks around it. The Tridents batting has not been good enough of late but this bowling unit may give the likes of Alex Hales an opportunity to get some runs under his belt. This could ultimately be a shootout but the Tridents bowlers may just give them the edge in a close match.