Caribbean Premier League 2019 – Barbados Tridents vs St Lucia Zouks Preview & Prediction
When is Barbados Tridents vs St Lucia Zouks taking place? Sunday 29th September, 2019 – 23:00 (UK)
Where is Barbados Tridents vs St Lucia Zouks taking place? Kensington Oval, Bridgetown
What is the expected weather for Barbados Tridents vs St Lucia Zouks? 31c and a small chance of rain
What television channel is Barbados Tridents vs St Lucia Zouks on in the UK? All CPL T20 matches will be shown live on Sky Sports Cricket
Where can I stream Barbados Tridents vs St Lucia Zouks in the UK? Sky Go subscribers can stream the match live on their platform
Where can I get tickets for Barbados Tridents vs St Lucia Zouks? Visit the official CPL website for ticket information
What was the outcome in the last meeting? Barbados Tridents beat St Lucia Zouks by 71 runs
THE TEAM NEWS
- Barbados Tridents contrived to lose by a single run to St Kitts and Nevis Patriots on Saturday night and they are left with two matches remaining in the group stage but they have to win this match against the Zouks to ensure they reached the knockout phase.
- Shakib Al Hasan came in for his first match since joining the Tridents and he was outstanding as he took 1/14 from his four overs and topscored with 38 from 25 balls, and while that was still not enough, his performance suggested he will be a key figure if they are to win their next two and reach the play-offs.
- The batting continues to be incredibly fragile with none of their batsmen able to go on to make a substantial innings while their bowling attack is looking even stronger with Shakib joining Gurney, Walsh and Holder.
ST LUCIA ZOUKS
- A play-off spot is on the line for St Lucia Zouks here as they know that the winner will claim the final play-off place and they will take heart from their last performance earlier in the week where they edged past Jamaica Tallawahs.
- Their bowling was hit or miss with Williams and the reliable Fawad Ahmed performing well but those around them were relatively average and they will have to improve against the Tridents here.
- The batting has definitely improved since Colin Ingram arrived but other than Rahkeem Cornwall, none of them have consistently produced the goods so they could desperately do with the likes of Fletcher, De Grandhomme or Sammy finding some form for this crunch match.
The fourth and final play-off place is on the line here as winner takes all between Barbados Tridents and St Lucia Zouks. The Tridents were comfortable winners last time the two teams met and they have the greater quality on paper. Neither side has been consistent throughout CPL 2019 but the Tridents will likely have the edge based on their comprehensive win last time they met. With Shakib coming in and looking excellent on Saturday night, the Tridents bowling attack may just swing it in their favour.