2020 Caribbean Premier League – Trinbago Knight Riders vs Guyana Amazon Warriors Preview & Prediction
Match facts, team news, prediction & betting tips for Trinbago Knight Riders vs Guyana Amazon Warriors
When is Trinbago Knight Riders vs Guyana Amazon Warriors taking place? Tuesday 18th August, 2020 – 15:00 (UK)
Where is Trinbago Knight Riders vs Guyana Amazon Warriors taking place? Brian Lara Cricket Academy, Tarouba
Where can I get tickets for Trinbago Knight Riders vs Guyana Amazon Warriors? All CPLT20 matches will be played behind closed doors
What is the expected weather for Trinbago Knight Riders vs Guyana Amazon Warriors? 29c but with a 70% chance of rain
What channel is Trinbago Knight Riders vs Guyana Amazon Warriors on? All CPL T20 matches will be shown live on Sky Sports Cricket
Where can I stream Trinbago Knight Riders vs Guyana Amazon Warriors? Sky Go subscribers can stream the match live on their platform
THE TEAM NEWS
TRINBAGO KNIGHT RIDERS
- The most successful in the tournament’s history, Trinbago Knight Riders, come into this edition of the Caribbean Premier League looking to build on their three previous victories as they could only manage third in 2019 after winning the 2015, 2017 and 2018 editions.
- They will be led by Kieron Pollard and they can also count on some key local players such as Dwayne Bravo, Sunil Narine, Lendl Simmons and Khary Pierre with the involvement of Narine a huge bonus for them as the pinch-hitting opening batsmen and spinner has not played top-class cricket for almost a year due to the finger injury he sustained in the tournament last year.
- Combined with that fact, the team are boosted by the fact that the entire tournament will be played at home in Trinidad due to COVID-19 and they have also had the luxury of a relatively settled squad unlike many other teams who have had to make various changes due to the unavailability of players due to the pandemic.
GUYANA AMAZON WARRIORS
- Guyana Amazon Warriors came within an inch of history last year after winning all ten of their group stage matches and then their qualifying game, they went on to lose another final which was their only defeat in the entire tournament.
- They were clearly the best team for most of the 2019 edition of the CPL and they ultimately ended runners-up for a third time so they return here desperate to go all the way this time around and they have all their stars lined up and ready to take that step.
- There will be no Shadab Khan and Shoaib Malik this year but they still have arguably the most impressive set of local talent at their disposal as Nicholas Pooran, Shimron Hetmyer, Brandon King, Sherfane Rutherford, Romario Shepherd and Keemo Paul form an exciting core to the team and throw in T20 specialists in Chris Green and Imran Tahir with Ross Taylor, and they have a formidable team likely to go far in the tournament yet again.
The Knight Riders come into this opening game with a degree of pressure on them as they are expected to do well this year given the fact they will host the tournament. They will not have it all their own way however and this will be a tough opener against the Amazon Warriors who were the shining stars last year only to lose their only game in the final. They will be determined to bounce back here and they will be keen to upset the hosts. There really is little to choose between the teams on paper as they both have deep batting and top class bowling attacks led by their spinners but the marginal advantage goes to the Amazon Warriors and their bowling attack as they have the edge in depth and in the pace department. This really is a game that could go either way however as one big knock from any batsmen could win this game and there is plenty of firepower on show.