2020 Caribbean Premier League – Guyana Amazon Warriors vs St Kitts and Nevis Patriots Preview & Prediction
When is Guyana Amazon Warriors vs St Kitts and Nevis Patriots taking place? Wednesday 19th August, 2020 – 22:30 (UK)
Where is Guyana Amazon Warriors vs St Kitts and Nevis Patriots taking place? Brian Lara Cricket Academy, Tarouba
Where can I get tickets for Guyana Amazon Warriors vs St Kitts and Nevis Patriots? All CPLT20 matches will be played behind closed doors
What is the expected weather for Guyana Amazon Warriors vs St Kitts and Nevis Patriots? 29c with a risk of thunderstorms throughout the day that may affect play
What channel is Guyana Amazon Warriors vs St Kitts and Nevis Patriots on? All CPL T20 matches will be shown live on Sky Sports Cricket
Where can I stream Guyana Amazon Warriors vs St Kitts and Nevis Patriots? Sky Go subscribers can stream the match live on their platform
THE TEAM NEWS
GUYANA AMAZON WARRIORS
- Guyana Amazon Warriors kicked off their CPL 2020 campaign with a defeat on the opening day as their total of 144/5 in a rain-reduced 17-over game against the Trinbago Knight Riders proved to be insufficient and they lost by four wickets with two balls remaining.
- The key to their outstanding performances last year was the opening partnership of King and Hemraj but they combined for just three runs so they will be looking for an improvement in that area here.
- Other than that, they will not have been too disheartened by their opening performance as Hetmyer, Taylor and Pooran all contributed with the bat but they have plenty of room for improvement with both bat and ball still to come.
ST KITTS AND NEVIS PATRIOTS
- St Kitts and Nevis Patriots lost their opening game on Tuesday as they fell six runs short of Barbados Tridents’ total of 153/9 and they will be left rueing that defeat after reducing their opponents to 8-3 and 79-6 but they let them off the hook.
- The bowling attack shone with Cottrell, Sohail Tanvir and Emrit was particularly impressive and it is clear that their bowlers are going to be key to their hopes this edition of the CPL given how fragile their batting line-up looks.
- There is every chance that they will go with an unchanged side for this game and give that eleven another opportunity although some players like Jahmar Hamilton who had a first ball duck will be under pressure to improve quickly.
Both of these teams are coming off opening day defeats so they will be desperate to bounce back here. The Amazon Warriors will have more reason for optimism as they had some good individual performances to count on and Imran Tahir and Chris Green will have seen the problems that Santner and Rashid Khan caused the Patriots and will look to repeat that here. The Patriots had some good performances but not enough of them ultimately and they will be frustrated to have put themselves in good positions to win throughout their games with the Tridents, yet that losing habit crept back in. The Amazon Warriors will be fired up to bounce back and they have the greater quality and depth in their ranks to get the win here.