2020-21 Big Bash League – Sydney Thunder vs Adelaide Strikers Preview & Prediction
When is Sydney Thunder vs Adelaide Strikers taking place? Sunday 24th January, 2021 – 05:05 (UK)
Where is Sydney Thunder vs Adelaide Strikers taking place? Adelaide Oval, Adelaide
Where can I get tickets for Sydney Thunder vs Adelaide Strikers? Ticket information for BBL10 can be found on this link
What channel is Sydney Thunder vs Adelaide Strikers on in the UK? BT Sport
Where can I stream Sydney Thunder vs Adelaide Strikers in the UK? BT Sport subscribers will be able to stream the match live via the BT Sport website & app
- Sydney Thunder produced a sensational display when it mattered most as they boosted their hopes of making the finals of BBL|10 with a record-breaking performance in the Sydney Smash against the Sixers.
- Having suffered three consecutive losses, the Thunder powered their way to the highest BBL total ever posted which was largely thanks to an incredible knock from Alex Hales as he whacked 110 from just 56 balls to help his side to an eye-watering 232/5.
- Scoreboard pressure was always likely to get to the Sixers and despite putting up a solid response, they ultimately fell well short as the Thunder earned a 46-run success and they will now book their spot in the finals with a win from their final two matches of the round robin.
- Adelaide Strikers managed to stay alive in the tournament as the class of Alex Carey helped his side pick up a crucial win over Brisbane Heat but they will need to back that up with another victory in this clash with Sydney Thunder.
- Carey produced a wonderful knock as he reached his century with some classy shots to dismantle the Heat’s bowling attack with the Strikers managing to amass 197 runs for the loss of five wickets in their 20 overs.
- The in-form Wes Agar then did the damage with the ball as he removed the top three in the order with Marnus Labuschagne, Chris Lynn and Joe Denly all falling to the paceman who ended with figures of 4-27 to help remove the Heat for just 115.
The race to qualify for the BBL|10 finals is set to go right down to the wire but Sydney Thunder can secure their spot with a victory in this clash with Adelaide Strikers. The Thunder come into this on the back of a remarkable performance against local rivals Sydney Sixers in which they whacked their opponents all over the ground in a record-breaking display. They posted the highest-ever total in BBL history with Alex Hales continuing his magnificent form and he is now in possession of the Golden Cap with 462 runs to his name after his amazing century in that game. The Strikers kept their hopes alive as they earned an impressive win over Brisbane Heat as Alex Carey produced a match-winning 100 in that clash. They need to back that up and can cause some problems with their bowling attack but with the Thunder looking imperious with the bat, it is the Sydney outfit that can make it back-to-back successes to book their place in the finals.