2020-21 Big Bash League Final – Sydney Sixers vs Perth Scorchers Preview & Prediction
When is Sydney Sixers vs Perth Scorchers taking place? Saturday 6th February, 2021 – 08:40 (UK)
Where is Sydney Sixers vs Perth Scorchers taking place? Sydney Cricket Ground, Sydney
Where can I get tickets for Sydney Sixers vs Perth Scorchers? Ticket information for BBL10 can be found on this link
What channel is Sydney Sixers vs Perth Scorchers on in the UK? BT Sport
Where can I stream Sydney Sixers vs Perth Scorchers in the UK? BT Sport subscribers will be able to stream the match live via the BT Sport website & app
- Sydney Sixers earned the right to host the BBL|10 final as they booked their spot with an impressive victory over Perth Scorchers but they will now have to defeat the same team once again if they want to defend their crown.
- The Sixers did well to limit a dangerous batting line-up and despite a late rally from the Scorchers, their total of 167/6 never looked like it would be enough to cause the Sydney outfit any problems which proved to be the case.
- Newly-crowned Player of the Tournament Josh Philippe (45) and James Vince (98*) put on 92 for the first wicket to set their side well on the way to the nine-wicket success, although Vince will have a point to prove after he was left short of his century because of Andrew Tye bowling a wide to hand the Sixers victory.
- Perth Scorchers overcame the disappointment of losing their Qualifier clash with Sydney Sixers as they defeated Brisbane Heat in the Challenger contest to gain the opportunity to earn revenge against the Sixers in the final.
- The Scorchers powered their way to 189/1 from 18.1 overs thanks to the efforts of Cameron Bancroft (58*), Liam Livingstone (77) and Mitch Marsh (49*) but the rain robbed them of closing their innings out, resulting in the Heat needing a revised 200 to win from 18 overs.
- That was a daunting task and it proved to be the case as the Scorchers bowled superbly to limit the Heat to 150/9 to earn a 49-run victory by the DLS method and if Perth can produce a similar performance in the final, they are going to be very difficult to beat.
Sydney Sixers and Perth Scorchers will renew their rivalry in the final of BBL|10 in what will be the fourth final between the two teams. The two most successful teams in BBL history go head-to-head with the Sixers looking to equal the Scorchers' record of three titles, while Perth can extend their lead with a fourth crown. The Sixers boast home advantage following their success in the Qualifier and they have beaten the Scorchers in their last two clashes so they will believe they have the edge here. However, they have received a blow with the news that Mitchell Starc will not be available for selection and if Jason Roy can overcome an illness to take his place in the Perth side, it will hand the Scorchers a real boost after he missed the Challenger. The Scorchers have scored at least 170 runs in five of their last six games with the Sixers the only side to keep them below that total but that should not stop a run-fest here with over 320.5 runs expected. This is genuinely a toss of the coin with the Sixers possessing the class to defend their title and having won the last two meetings with the Scorchers managing to take just four wickets in those games, the Sydney outfit can make it three in a row and defend their title.