2020-21 Big Bash League – Sydney Sixers vs Perth Scorchers Preview & Prediction
When is Sydney Sixers vs Perth Scorchers taking place? Saturday 30th January, 2021 – 08:15 (UK)
Where is Sydney Sixers vs Perth Scorchers taking place? Manuka Oval, Canberra
Where can I get tickets for Sydney Sixers vs Perth Scorchers? Ticket information for BBL10 can be found on this link
What channel is Sydney Sixers vs Perth Scorchers on in the UK? BT Sport
Where can I stream Sydney Sixers vs Perth Scorchers in the UK? BT Sport subscribers will be able to stream the match live via the BT Sport website & app
- Reigning champions Sydney Sixers secured top spot on the ladder as they were able to leapfrog Perth Scorchers on a dramatic final day of the round robin which culminated in them earning a thrilling success against Melbourne Stars.
- Ben Dwarshuis shone with the ball as he ended figures of 3-27 but the Stars still managed to set the Sixers 178 for victory and that target looked a long way off when the dangerous Josh Philippe and Daniel Hughes fell early on just four balls apart.
- However, some solid efforts from James Vince, Moises Henriques and Jordan Silk set the Sixers on the way before Dan Christian blasted 49* off just 23 balls to guide his side to the win with just a solitary delivery of the match remaining.
- Perth Scorchers blew the chance to finish top of the ladder in BBL|10 as they succumbed to defeat against Brisbane Heat in their final match of the round robin in what was just their second loss in their last ten outings.
- The Scorchers troubled to break up a couple of key partnerships when the Heat were at the crease and they left themselves with plenty to do as Brisbane set Perth a target of 182 for victory.
- The Scorchers’ dangerous batting line-up would have still fancied their chances of reaching that total but despite Mitch Marsh’s best efforts having scored 54* from 26, Perth fell agonisingly short as they were beaten by just six runs.
This looks like a mouth-watering prospect as the top two teams do battle for a spot in the BBL|10 final. Reigning champions Sydney Sixers were able to leapfrog Perth Scorchers on the final day to finish at the top of the ladder, earning them home advantage in this clash although that will come at Manuka Oval in Canberra. It is still a benefit for them in this contest as it means they do not have to travel to Perth to face the Scorchers who have won eight of their last ten matches with four of those successes coming in Perth. The Sixers were hoping to have their bowling options bolstered by the inclusion of Mitchell Stark for this encounter but he looks set to miss out through injury and that could leave the Sydney side light with the ball. Since the Sixers defeated the Scorchers in their last clash, the Sixers have allowed 597 runs in the three matches that followed and with Perth surpassing 170 runs in each of their last four games, the Scorchers can do enough with the bat to earn the right to host the BBL|10 final.