2020-21 Big Bash League – Sydney Sixers vs Melbourne Stars Preview & Prediction
When is Sydney Sixers vs Melbourne Stars taking place? Saturday 26th December, 2020 – 10:20 (UK)
Where is Sydney Sixers vs Melbourne Stars taking place? Metricon Stadium, Carrara
Where can I get tickets for Sydney Sixers vs Melbourne Stars? Ticket information for BBL10 can be found on this link
What channel is Sydney Sixers vs Melbourne Stars on in the UK? BT Sport
Where can I stream Sydney Sixers vs Melbourne Stars in the UK? BT Sport subscribers will be able to stream the match live via the BT Sport website & app
- Sydney Sixers produced another strong showing with both bat and ball as they overcame Adelaide Strikers last time out and the defending champions look in very good shape in the early stages of BBL|10.
- Things were not going too well for the Sixers in the early stages of that match as they stuttered to 58/3 into the 12th over but that brought Dan Christian to the crease who produced an unbelievable knock to turn the game on its head as he smashed 50 off just 15 balls.
- That was the second-quickest half-century in Big Bash League history with that effort helping his side to post 177/5 and a solid all-round bowling effort saw the Sixers limit the Strikers to just 139/7, meaning a 38-run success for the Sydney outfit.
- Melbourne Stars were left frustrated by the weather in their quest to continue their 100% start to the campaign as they had to settle for a share of the spoils against Perth Scorchers in their latest contest.
- The Scorchers were only able to bat for 17 overs but they did make 158/6 to leave the Stars with plenty of think about and that set the Melbourne side a target of 76 in a just six overs.
- Marcus Stoinis fell to leave the score at 10/1 after seven deliveries but that proved to be the final ball of the match as the rain became too much to deal with, although that no result does leave the Stars on ten points from their opening three matches and means they are still unbeaten.
This is a mouth-watering prospect between Sydney Sixers and Melbourne Stars and if both teams show their class, it could turn out to be one of the games of the tournament. The pair have each won two of their three matches so far and they have been pretty dominant in those performances. They both possess star quality but the rain robbed Nicholas Pooran of making his bow with the bat for the Stars last time out and he will be eager to show his talent in this one. This game is likely to be a high-scoring affair with runs aplenty and if that is to be the case, it is the side from Melbourne that can make a statement victory with their batting line-up looking full of class as well as depth.