2020-21 Big Bash League – Sydney Sixers vs Hobart Hurricanes Preview & Prediction
When is Sydney Sixers vs Hobart Hurricanes taking place? Sunday 24th January, 2021 – 08:15 (UK)
Where is Sydney Sixers vs Hobart Hurricanes taking place? Melbourne Cricket Ground, Melbourne
Where can I get tickets for Sydney Sixers vs Hobart Hurricanes? Ticket information for BBL10 can be found on this link
What channel is Sydney Sixers vs Hobart Hurricanes on in the UK? BT Sport
Where can I stream Sydney Sixers vs Hobart Hurricanes in the UK? BT Sport subscribers will be able to stream the match live via the BT Sport website & app
- Sydney Sixers succumbed to a record-breaking display in the Sydney Smash as they were unable to live with the batting prowess of the Thunder as their three-match winning streak came to an end.
- The Thunder whacked 232/5 which was the highest total in BBL history and despite putting up a decent fightback, which would have earned them a win in most circumstances, they fell short in their mammoth task.
- Moises Henriques marked his first appearance of the tournament with 56 as he top-scored for the Sixers but despite his best efforts, his side could not surpass their target as they ended on 186/5.
- Hobart Hurricanes failed to produce a repeat performance from their brilliant victory over Sydney Thunder and they are now likely to need to win their final two matches of the tournament to earn a spot in the top five.
- Facing the in-form Perth Scorchers, they were always likely to need to post a big score and that proved to be the case as their opponents opened with an effort of 179/8 with Nathan Ellis the pick of the bowlers with figures of 4-34.
- The Hurricanes had impressively chased down 178 in that win over the Thunder but they were unable to repeat that effort as three of their top four fell for single figures which left the middle and lower order with too much to do and they ultimately lost out by 22 runs.
Sydney Sixers will want to produce a response to their loss against local rivals Sydney Thunder and there will be plenty of pressure on their bowling line-up after they were on the end of the biggest ever total in BBL history in that clash. They conceded 232 runs and despite showing their own quality with the bat in response, they fell short which means their position at the top of the ladder is not quite secure. They take on a desperate Hobart Hurricanes side in this penultimate clash for both teams which has now become must-win for the ‘Canes. They begin this game in seventh spot but can still make the top five, although defeat here will make it extremely difficult for them. They have the batting quality to pose problems but they have lacked consistency of late and with the Sixers likely to come out all guns blazing with the ball, the reigning champions’ batting quality should prove to be too good for out-of-form and under pressure Hurricanes who have lost four of their last five.