2020-21 Big Bash League – Melbourne Stars vs Sydney Sixers Preview & Prediction
When is Melbourne Stars vs Sydney Sixers taking place? Tuesday 26th January, 2021 – 08:50 (UK)
Where is Melbourne Stars vs Sydney Sixers taking place? Melbourne Cricket Ground, Melbourne
Where can I get tickets for Melbourne Stars vs Sydney Sixers? Ticket information for BBL10 can be found on this link
What channel is Melbourne Stars vs Sydney Sixers on in the UK? BT Sport
Where can I stream Melbourne Stars vs Sydney Sixers in the UK? BT Sport subscribers will be able to stream the match live via the BT Sport website & app
- Melbourne Stars face an uphill task to qualify for the finals of BBL|10 after suffering a second loss in succession and they must now win this final game of the round robin against Sydney Sixers while also hoping other results fall their way.
- The powerful Perth Scorchers’ batting line-up proved to be too good as they amassed 182/4 with the Stars using no less than seven bowlers in an attempt to disrupt their opponents but they failed to do so.
- In response, the Stars put up a brilliant fight with Nick Larkin leading the way with a superb 70 off just 44 balls but he was offered little support and the Melbourne outfit ultimately fell 11 runs short.
- Sydney Sixers lost for the second game in a row as they surrendered top spot on the ladder and they may now have to settle for second spot unless they can better the number of points that Perth Scorchers earn in their respective final matches.
- The Sixers’ bowling unit has suffered of late and they have now allowed 420 runs in their last two matches after the Hurricanes posted 188/8, although it was a good fightback from the Sydney side as Hobart were 145/0 at one point.
- Moises Henrique (43) and Jordan Silk (78) came to the crease with the Sixers in trouble but despite their best efforts, they were given no support lower down the order as they fell seven runs short.
Melbourne Stars have gone from competition favourites to being on the verge of not even qualifying for the finals and if they are to have any chance, they must win this final round robin clash with reigning champions Sydney Sixers. The Stars have ended the campaign in poor form but a win here would give them a chance at progressing, as long as results elsewhere do not eliminate them beforehand. The Sixers have also lost their last two and their bowling unit are under immense pressure after leaking a plethora of runs in those games, although the way they ended the innings against Hobart Hurricanes last time out will give them something to work with. The Stars have looked a shadow of the side that started to hit their straps just a few games into the tournament and while they are capable of pulling out a big performance, it is their own issues with the ball that will be a big concern. The Sixers will not want to go into the finals on the back of three consecutive losses and they can stop the rot here to end the Stars’ hopes of a top five finish.