2020-21 Big Bash League – Melbourne Stars vs Perth Scorchers Preview & Prediction
When is Melbourne Stars vs Perth Scorchers taking place? Saturday 23rd January, 2021 – 08:15 (UK)
Where is Melbourne Stars vs Perth Scorchers taking place? Melbourne Cricket Ground, Melbourne
Where can I get tickets for Melbourne Stars vs Perth Scorchers? Ticket information for BBL10 can be found on this link
What channel is Melbourne Stars vs Perth Scorchers on in the UK? BT Sport
Where can I stream Melbourne Stars vs Perth Scorchers in the UK? BT Sport subscribers will be able to stream the match live via the BT Sport website & app
- Melbourne Stars’ hopes of making the BBL|10 finals suffered a blow after they were on the end of a shock loss to their Melbourne rivals last time out and that defeat to the Renegades could come back to haunt them.
- After overcoming their poor run of form with back-to-back wins, the Stars failed to extend their winning run to three matches as they fell to a five-wicket loss despite looking to be in a strong position.
- Nick Larkin’s 61* helped the Stars to a defendable total of 158 and although they then reduced the Renegades to 15/2 with the removal of key men Shaun Marsh and Aaron Finch, the Stars allowed their opponents back into the contest and their bowling attack failed to deal with a late onslaught.
- Perth Scorchers produced another strong display to make it back-to-back victories and having won seven of their last eight, they will believe they have done enough to book their place in the finals but the job is not done yet.
- Josh Inglis proved to be the key man with the bat with a knock of 58 which helped his side to another solid total of 179/8 but it was the bowling unit that sealed the success with a strong performance.
- Jhye Richardson was very impressive as he ended with figures of 4-33 which included the wickets of dangerous opponents Matthew Wade and Ben McDermott and the 22-run success leaves the Scorchers in a brilliant position to advance with just two matches to play.
Melbourne Stars will come into this clash inside the top five but their position is far from secure and another defeat here against Perth Scorchers could prove to be fatal. The in-form Scorchers have won seven of their last eight contests and their all-round ability looks like it can take them far in this tournament. Their batting line-up is full of quality and they also bat deep while they have the class of Jhye Richardson with the ball. He is the holder of the Golden Arm at the time of writing having taken 25 wickets so far in this competition and he will be the danger man that the Stars have to look out for. Their batting efforts have been underwhelming at times in their last handful of matches and there is plenty of pressure on the likes of Marcus Stoinis and Glenn Maxwell in what shapes as a vital contest. The Stars have the quality to come out on top but with the Scorchers in such fine form, the Perth outfit have to be fancied to secure their spot in the finals with a win here.