2020-21 Big Bash League – Melbourne Stars vs Adelaide Strikers Preview & Prediction
When is Melbourne Stars vs Adelaide Strikers taking place? Friday 15th January, 2021 – 08:15 (UK)
Where is Melbourne Stars vs Adelaide Strikers taking place? Melbourne Cricket Ground, Melbourne
Where can I get tickets for Melbourne Stars vs Adelaide Strikers? Ticket information for BBL10 can be found on this link
What channel is Melbourne Stars vs Adelaide Strikers on in the UK? BT Sport
Where can I stream Melbourne Stars vs Adelaide Strikers in the UK? BT Sport subscribers will be able to stream the match live via the BT Sport website & app
- Melbourne Stars’ poor run of form continued and they are now in a real fight to even make the finals after they went down to Adelaide Strikers which means the Stars have managed just one win in their last six matches which have produced a result.
- Marcus Stoinis notched 47 from 31 while Nic Maddinson produced an unbeaten 48 but with Nicholas Pooran returning home before that contest, their batting line-up did not look as threatening as earlier in the tournament and they only managed to set the Strikers 150 to win.
- Haris Rauf once again struggled to find his groove as he ended with figures of 1-33 from his three overs and the Stars were unable to prevent the Strikers from surpassing their target with an over to spare.
- Adelaide Strikers bounced back from their shock loss to Melbourne Renegades as they overcame Melbourne Stars with a solid performance which came on the back of a solid bowling effort.
- Daniel Worrall, Wes Agar and Rashid Khan all took two wickets apiece as they restricted the Stars to 149/7, although that was Khan’s final appearance of BBL|10 as he heads for international duty with Afghanistan.
- As the world’s best T20 bowler, the influential leg-spinner will be sorely missed but there is still quality throughout the side, as the Strikers were able to show in their run-chase when claiming the five-wicket success.
Melbourne Stars looked like the team to beat in the early stages of BBL|10 but they are now in a real battle to even make the finals after a long run of disappointing results. Some of their big names are failing to fire and with Nicholas Pooran leaving camp before their last game to return home, there are some big shoes to fill in their side. There is now a lot of pressure falling at the feet of Glenn Maxwell and Haris Rauf, with the latter failing to hit the ground running since his late arrival. Adelaide Strikers must also deal with some adversity after Rashid Khan played his final game of the tournament in the win over the Stars last time out but their batsmen are performing well and with Wes Agar challenging for the Golden Arm with 17 wickets so far, the Strikers can make it back-to-back wins to leave the Stars in a perilous position.