2020-21 Big Bash League – Melbourne Renegades vs Sydney Sixers Preview & Prediction
When is Melbourne Renegades vs Sydney Sixers taking place? Tuesday 29th December, 2020 – 07:10 (UK)
Where is Melbourne Renegades vs Sydney Sixers taking place? Metricon Stadium, Carrara
Where can I get tickets for Melbourne Renegades vs Sydney Sixers? Ticket information for BBL10 can be found on this link
What channel is Melbourne Renegades vs Sydney Sixers on in the UK? BT Sport
Where can I stream Melbourne Renegades vs Sydney Sixers in the UK? BT Sport subscribers will be able to stream the match live via the BT Sport website & app
- For the second time in BBL|10, Melbourne Renegades were on the end of a hammering and it is now three successive defeats for them after they collapsed against Sydney Thunder last time out.
- The Renegades struggled with the ball as they had a score of over 200 scored past them for the second time in four matches with the Thunder setting them 210 to win and that proved to be far too much.
- The Melbourne side lost regular wickets and were bowled out for 80 in the 129-run loss and to make matters worse for the Renegades, they have been hit by the news that Imran Tahir will now not link-up with the side because of personal reasons.
- Sydney Sixers played out a sensational contest of the highest quality against Melbourne Stars on Boxing Day and somehow managed to earn an unlikely victory to make it three successes in a row.
- After reducing the Stars to 49/4, Glenn Maxwell and Nicholas Pooran produced some outstanding power-hitting to combine for a fifth-wicket stand of 125 which left the Sixers needing 194 to win.
- Despite a slow start to their reply, Daniel Hughes produced a captain’s knock of 96 from just 51 balls to turn the game on its head as the Sixers scored 20 off the final over to seal the dramatic win in one of the most memorable Big Bash League matches of all time.
Sydney Sixers made a huge statement with a dramatic victory over Melbourne Stars in their pulsating encounter last time out and they will be full of confidence after that success. They will look to make it four wins in a row and will fully believe they can do so against a Melbourne Renegades outfit that they have already torn apart in BBL|10. The Sixers won by 145 runs when they last met as they skittled the Renegades for just 60 runs and after another poor showing with the bat in their most recent game, the Melbourne side could be in big trouble here. They have lost their last three and with the Sixers winning three successive matches, it is difficult to see beyond a comfortable win for the defending champions.