2020-21 Big Bash League – Hobart Hurricanes vs Perth Scorchers Preview & Prediction
When is Hobart Hurricanes vs Perth Scorchers taking place? Friday 22nd January, 2021 – 05:05 (UK)
Where is Hobart Hurricanes vs Perth Scorchers taking place? Marvel Stadium, Melbourne
Where can I get tickets for Hobart Hurricanes vs Perth Scorchers? Ticket information for BBL10 can be found on this link
What channel is Hobart Hurricanes vs Perth Scorchers on in the UK? BT Sport
Where can I stream Hobart Hurricanes vs Perth Scorchers in the UK? BT Sport subscribers will be able to stream the match live via the BT Sport website & app
- Hobart Hurricanes will begin this game outside of the top five on the ladder despite a huge win in the context of their BBL|10 campaign last time out as they overcame Sydney Thunder thanks to a magnificent run chase.
- The six-wicket success was the Hurricanes’ first victory in four matches and they will hope their poor run of form is behind them now having chased down a target of 178 despite a terrible start.
- Will Jacks fell to the first ball of the reply before D’Arcy Short departed soon after but an exquisite 96 from Ben McDermott led the response and he was ably backed up by Dawid Malan who chipped in with 42 as Hobart impressively reached their target with 12 balls to spare.
- Perth Scorchers responded to their big defeat to Sydney Sixers in great style as they swept aside the challenge of Brisbane Heat in their most recent contest to make it six wins from their last seven matches.
- They now look well-placed to book a spot in the finals but they cannot get complacent with plenty of teams in pursuit, although the manner of their victory over the Heat will give them great confidence moving forward with several key men hitting form at just the right time for the Scorchers.
- Colin Munro hit a brilliant 82 as he made it four half-centuries from his last five matches to help his side to a total of 174/5 before a superb all-round bowling effort saw the Heat collapse from 96/3 to 115 all out to earn the Scorchers an eye-catching 59-run success.
With the race for the BBL|10 finals an extremely tight one, every point and result is important with this clash between Hobart Hurricanes and Perth Scorchers no different. Both teams are capable of causing carnage with the bat and that should result in a very high-scoring affair here. There are some key inclusions for both teams with Matthew Wade and Tim Paine added to the Hobart squad while Mitch Marsh will return for Perth which further enhances the quality that will take to the field. There is very little to separate the two teams with both earning six wins from their 11 matches so far but the Hurricanes find themselves a point behind while they will also want to improve their net run rate. The pair will both want to go big to take advantage of their plethora of options with the bat and with some big hitters in fine form, this contest can produce over 319.5 runs.