2020-21 Big Bash League – Adelaide Strikers vs Sydney Thunder Preview & Prediction
When is Adelaide Strikers vs Sydney Thunder taking place? Monday 25th January, 2021 – 08:15 (UK)
Where is Adelaide Strikers vs Sydney Thunder taking place? Adelaide Oval, Adelaide
Where can I get tickets for Adelaide Strikers vs Sydney Thunder? Ticket information for BBL10 can be found on this link
What channel is Adelaide Strikers vs Sydney Thunder on in the UK? BT Sport
Where can I stream Adelaide Strikers vs Sydney Thunder in the UK? BT Sport subscribers will be able to stream the match live via the BT Sport website & app
- Adelaide Strikers have put themselves into a brilliant to qualify for the BBL|10 finals after a brilliant win over Sydney Thunder saw them leapfrog their opponents on the ladder and another win in their final game will secure their spot in the last five.
- The top five in the order all scored at least 20 runs and despite none kicking on with Jake Weatherald, Phil Salt and Travis Head all finishing on 31 runs apiece, the Strikers managed to amass a total of 159/6.
- That will have worried them that is was not enough against the Thunder’s superb batting line-up but the bowling unit were up to the task as they took five wickets for just 27 runs in the middle of the innings to restrict the Sydney outfit to 153/7.
- Sydney Thunder blew the chance to cement their spot in the finals and they will now need to defeat Adelaide Strikers in their final match of the round robin, or they will have to rely on other results going their way.
- Needing 160 to win, the Thunder would have believed that was well and truly in reach after their record-breaking display against Sydney Sixers in their previous contest but it was not to be after a batting collapse in pursuit of the Bash Boost.
- Callum Ferguson and Usman Khawaja fell in successive balls to leave the Thunder on 73/3 and they never really recovered as they lost another four wickets for 41 runs which resulted in them ultimately losing by six runs despite a late rally from Ben Cutting and Nathan McAndrew.
Adelaide Strikers put one foot into the finals of BBL|10 with a hard-fought win over Sydney Thunder and a repeat outcome in this contest between the two will seal their place in the top five. Both teams can still qualify but the losers will face a nervy wait on the outcome of the remaining games in the final round of matches in the round robin stage with just a solitary point separating the pair ahead of this clash. The Thunder have the ability to respond but they must show more composure with the bat in this second clash, especially against a strong bowling unit. Wes Agar and Peter Siddle have combined for 39 wickets in the tournament so far and pose a big threat while the likes of Alex Carey are also more than capable with the bat for the Strikers. It is a delicately poised situation with the ladder looking so compressed with plenty of pressure on both teams here but if the Thunder can get off to a strong start with the bat and get at least one of their key men set, they can earn revenge for yesterday's loss and secure their spot in the finals.