2020-21 Big Bash League – Adelaide Strikers vs Perth Scorchers Preview & Prediction
When is Adelaide Strikers vs Perth Scorchers taking place? Thursday 31st December, 2020 – 08:15 (UK)
Where is Adelaide Strikers vs Perth Scorchers taking place? Adelaide Oval, Adelaide
Where can I get tickets for Adelaide Strikers vs Perth Scorchers? Ticket information for BBL10 can be found on this link
What channel is Adelaide Strikers vs Perth Scorchers on in the UK? BT Sport
Where can I stream Adelaide Strikers vs Perth Scorchers in the UK? BT Sport subscribers will be able to stream the match live via the BT Sport website & app
- Adelaide Strikers produced a strong performance to see off Perth Scorchers in comfortable fashion in their latest contest and they will be confident of a repeat result as they take on the same side once again.
- The Strikers made it three wins from their last four matches thanks to the 71-run success as Phil Salt set the tone for his side with a score of 51 from 31 balls with Adelaide posting 165/8 from their 20 overs.
- The bowling unit then did their job with each man taking two wickets as they skittled the Scorchers for just 94 to complete the straightforward victory and they will look to build on that solid, all-round performance as they look to improve their good run of form.
- Perth Scorchers’ winless start to BBL|10 continued as they were defeated by Adelaide Strikers in their last game and the pressure is well and truly on them in this second game in quick succession against the Strikers.
- Jhye Richardson stood out with figures of 3-30 as the Scorchers left themselves needing 166 to win but despite making 35 for the first wicket, they then collapsed to 94 all out in a very underwhelming effort with the bat.
- Only four players made it to double-figures and that is an area they will have to improve on but Jason Roy will hope to play a bigger role here as he attempts to kick on following his 21 from 11 in his first appearance of the campaign.
Perth Scorchers are now the only side yet to earn a victory in BBL|10 and even at this early stage of the competition, they can ill-afford for that run to continue with a spot in the finals looking beyond them if they do not break their duck soon. They face a tough task as they come up against an Adelaide Strikers side that swept them aside in their most recent contest and if their top order fail to fire once again, they could be in trouble. The Strikers impressed with both bat and ball in that clash to make it three wins from their last four matches and with the respective form of the two teams as well as how they performed in their last clash, Adelaide should be able to earn another victory here.