2019-20 Big Bash League – Sydney Thunder vs Perth Scorchers Preview & Prediction
When is Sydney Thunder vs Perth Scorchers taking place? Sunday 26th January, 2020 – 03:45 (UK)
Where is Sydney Thunder vs Perth Scorchers taking place? Sydney Showground Stadium, Sydney
What is the expected weather for Sydney Thunder vs Perth Scorchers? 29c but scattered thunderstorms are expected
What television channel is Sydney Thunder vs Perth Scorchers on in the UK? BT Sport have the rights to BBL09 matches so it is worth checking their schedule
Where can I stream Sydney Thunder vs Perth Scorchers in the UK? If televised, BT Sport subscribers will be able to stream the match live via the BT Sport website & app
Where can I get tickets for Sydney Thunder vs Perth Scorchers? Visit the official BBL website for ticket information
What was the outcome in the last meeting? Perth Scorchers beat Sydney Thunder by 8 wickets
THE TEAM NEWS
- Sydney Thunder can still progress to the BBL|09 finals but their fate is out of their own hands and even a victory in this game may not be enough after a second successive defeat against Hobart Hurricanes.
- Daniel Sams showed up well with the ball but was offered little support as his figures of 4-34 were not enough to prevent the Hurricanes racking up 185/6 and the Thunder suffered a heavy loss following a batting collapse.
- Alex Hales scored 63 of his side’s 128 runs with only two other players managing to make double-figures but, despite that big defeat, Thunder have opted to keep faith with the same 13-man squad for this must-win contest.
- Perth Scorchers can secure their place in the finals with a win in this last game but a defeat will leave their chances hanging by a thread after failing to overcome Adelaide Strikers in a close contest last time out.
- The Strikers batted well and were able to post 181/5 and despite Liam Livingstone’s eye-catching 79, the Scorchers were unable to score quickly enough as they fell 16 runs short of their target.
- That game was Chris Jordan’s final contest for the Scorchers as he heads for international duty with England but Perth have moved to bring in a replacement in the form of Morne Morkel who comes straight into this squad.
This is do-or-die for both teams and is set to be a huge contest in Sydney. Perth Scorchers are well-placed to progress to the finals but need a win to ensure their place whilst Sydney Thunder cannot afford to lose. Even a win might not be enough for the Thunder and their chances could be hampered by the expected poor weather conditions but even if they are able to achieve a result, victory is likely to go the way of the Scorchers in this one.