2019-20 Big Bash League – Sydney Sixers vs Perth Scorchers Preview & Prediction
When is Sydney Sixers vs Perth Scorchers taking place? Wednesday 18th December, 2019 – 08:10 (UK)
Where is Sydney Sixers vs Perth Scorchers taking place? Sydney Cricket Ground, Sydney
What is the expected weather for Sydney Sixers vs Perth Scorchers? 22c with sunshine and cloudy intervals
What television channel is Sydney Sixers vs Perth Scorchers on in the UK? BT Sport have the rights to BBL09 matches so it is worth checking their schedule
Where can I stream Sydney Sixers vs Perth Scorchers in the UK? If televised, BT Sport subscribers will be able to stream the match live via the BT Sport website & app
Where can I get tickets for Sydney Sixers vs Perth Scorchers? Visit the official BBL website for ticket information
What was the outcome in the last meeting? Perth Scorchers beat Sydney Sixers by 7 wickets
THE TEAM NEWS
- Sydney Sixers reached the knockout phase for the fifth time in eight editions in BBL|08 but they fell narrowly short after coming up against an inspired Melbourne Renegades side that would go on and win the tournament.
- The squad is arguably the most settled in the entire competition coming into BBL|09 as the only players to depart are England’s Joe Denly along with a handful of fringe players that hardly featured last year.
- Pace bowler Jackson Bird arrives from the Melbourne Stars and he will be a welcome addition to the bowling attack while they have also signed Aussie skipper Steve Smith but he is unlikely to feature until late in the tournament once his commitments with the national team have ended.
- England duo James Vince and Tom Curran have rejoined the club while they will be without Josh Hazelwood and Nathan Lyon until the current Test series with New Zealand finishes, but that has often been the case and they know how to cope without them as they continue to possess one of the most talented yet underrated teams in the tournament.
- Perth Scorchers’ stunning record in the Big Bash of always having reached the knockout phase came to a crashing end in BBL|08 as they finished rock bottom with just four wins from their 14 matches so they will be desperate to rekindle their best form.
- Their poor performances last year have led to wholesale changes to the playing squad with Usman Qadir, David Willey, Hilton Cartwright, Nathan Coulter-Nile, Michael Klinger, Shaun Marsh, Clint Hinchcliffe and Will Bosisto all departing and not featuring in the squad this year.
- They have made some excellent signings with English duo Chris Jordan and Liam Livingstone being their overseas signings while Fawad Ahmed has signed from Sydney Thunder as he finally gives them an elite spin option, and Kurtis Patterson also arrives from Thunder to bolster the batting.
- Their bowling attack is slightly weakened by the injuries to Andrew Tye and Jason Behrendorff but Chris Jordan and Fawad Ahmed give them even more options to choose from and the duo are both set to start for them.
Perth Scorchers unusually finished bottom of the pile in the last edition of the BBL and they will be desperate to get back to winning ways and make a strong start to the tournament. They face a tough test against a Sixers side that have to be favoured among the top teams in the competition. They do not possess the star names that many of the other teams do but they have one of the best bowling attacks in the tournament and a batting line-up full of talented yet underrated players. They have retained all their core players from last season and against a much-changed Scorchers team, they should be able to get off to a winning start.