2019-20 Big Bash League – Sydney Sixers vs Hobart Hurricanes Preview & Prediction
When is Sydney Sixers vs Hobart Hurricanes taking place? Thursday 16th January, 2020 – 08:10 (UK)
Where is Sydney Sixers vs Hobart Hurricanes taking place? Sydney Cricket Ground, Sydney
What is the expected weather for Sydney Sixers vs Hobart Hurricanes? 23c but thunderstorms are expected for most of the day and could impact play
What television channel is Sydney Sixers vs Hobart Hurricanes on in the UK? BT Sport have the rights to BBL09 matches so it is worth checking their schedule
Where can I stream Sydney Sixers vs Hobart Hurricanes in the UK? If televised, BT Sport subscribers will be able to stream the match live via the BT Sport website & app
Where can I get tickets for Sydney Sixers vs Hobart Hurricanes? Visit the official BBL website for ticket information
What was the outcome in the last meeting? Hobart Hurricanes beat Sydney Sixers by 25 runs
THE TEAM NEWS
- Sydney Sixers had their five-match winning streak ended by Melbourne Stars which in a result that allowed their opponents to open up some daylight at the top of the ladder but the Sixers are still in a strong position having won six of their nine games.
- The Sixers were undone by a record-breaking display by Marcus Stoinis who tore the Sydney bowling line-up to pieces as he whacked 147* to help his side to the third-highest Big Bash League total in history with 219 and despite a valiant reply, the Sixers fell 44 runs short.
- Despite the struggles with the ball against the Stars, the Sixers have opted against sweeping changes and have made just one change to their 13-man squad with fast-bowler Henry Thornton receiving a call-up.
- Hobart Hurricanes lost for the third game in a row as they were on the end of a heavy defeat against Perth Scorchers and it leaves them with plenty of work to do to stay in the mix for a spot in the finals.
- The bowling unit struggled to contain the Scorchers who were able to post 175/7 and in a poor batting display, only three players were able to make it into double-figures as the Hurricanes were skittled for just 98.
- The 77-run defeat came at a big cost for Simon Milenko after he was omitted from the Hurricanes’ 13-man squad for this contest with batsman Mac Wright coming into contention to replace him in the side.
Sydney Sixers could not handle Melbourne Stars in their last contest and they will be keen to respond as they host Hobart Hurricanes. The Sixers came up against a man on a mission as Marcus Stoinis notched the highest score in BBL history but they will be buoyed by their own batting effort. The Hurricanes are in trouble as they languish towards the foot of the ladder and with games running out, another loss for Hobart in this contest will leave them on the brink of elimination.