2019-20 Big Bash League – Sydney Sixers vs Brisbane Heat Preview & Prediction
When is Sydney Sixers vs Brisbane Heat taking place? Sunday 22nd December, 2019 – 08:10 (UK)
Where is Sydney Sixers vs Brisbane Heat taking place? Sydney Cricket Ground, Sydney
What is the expected weather for Sydney Sixers vs Brisbane Heat? 21c with cloud but no rain expected
What television channel is Sydney Sixers vs Brisbane Heat on in the UK? BT Sport have the rights to BBL09 matches so it is worth checking their schedule
Where can I stream Sydney Sixers vs Brisbane Heat in the UK? If televised, BT Sport subscribers will be able to stream the match live via the BT Sport website & app
Where can I get tickets for Sydney Sixers vs Brisbane Heat? Visit the official BBL website for ticket information
What was the outcome in the last meeting? Sydney Sixers beat Brisbane Heat by 79 runs
THE TEAM NEWS
- The Sixers kicked off their BBL|09 campaign in style by comprehensively beating Perth Scorchers in their opening game but they were then brought back down to earth by Hobart Hurricanes who beat them by 25 runs last time out.
- Despite the defeat last time out, the bowling unit was in sensational form once again as Abbott led the way with three wickets while Dwarshuis, Manenti and Curran all took two apiece as they will look to maintain that form here.
- They have called pace bowler Jackson Bird into the squad for the first time in BBL|09 in place of spinner Lloyd Pope who played against the Hurricanes which should give a clue as to how the pitch will likely play although Steve O’Keefe may be the one the one to come back into the side.
- Brisbane Heat have lost their opening two matches of BBL|09 and will already be feeling the pressure to turn it around quickly and get their first win under their belts or risk another Big Bash campaign slipping away from them.
- They brought batsman Jimmy Peirson in last time at the expense of Mark Steketee with the hope of adding yet more depth to their batting line-up but that did not solve their middle order issues as they once again failed to capitalise on a good start by one of their top order.
- They have made one change to their 13-man squad for this match as left-arm spinner Matthew Kuhnemann comes in with Cameron Gannon dropping out although they will likely name the same eleven for this game.
Sydney Sixers lost last time out while Brisbane Heat have been defeated in both of their opening two games so both teams will be keen to bounce back and get a win here. The Sixers have looked far better all-round than the Heat so far who appear to be unable to shake off that losing habit. The Sydney side are solid and have plenty of quality with bat and ball so unless Banton, Lynn or Cutting can produce some serious fireworks, the Sixers just have more ways to win this game.