2019-20 Big Bash League – Perth Scorchers vs Sydney Thunder Preview & Prediction
When is Perth Scorchers vs Sydney Thunder taking place? Monday 20th January, 2020 – 10:40 (UK)
Where is Perth Scorchers vs Sydney Thunder taking place? Optus Stadium, Perth
What is the expected weather for Perth Scorchers vs Sydney Thunder? 27c with sunshine forecast all day
What television channel is Perth Scorchers vs Sydney Thunder on in the UK? BT Sport have the rights to BBL09 matches so it is worth checking their schedule
Where can I stream Perth Scorchers vs Sydney Thunder in the UK? If televised, BT Sport subscribers will be able to stream the match live via the BT Sport website & app
Where can I get tickets for Perth Scorchers vs Sydney Thunder? Visit the official BBL website for ticket information
What was the outcome in the last meeting? Sydney Thunder beat Perth Scorchers by 6 wickets
THE TEAM NEWS
- After three consecutive wins, Perth Scorchers have lost back-to-back matches against leaders Melbourne Stars so they will be desperate to get back to winning ways here and catapult them back into the top four places.
- The batting was particularly poor in those two losses to the Stars as they were bowled out for just 86 in the first game and could only muster 131/9 chasing 142 in the second so that will have to improve against the Thunder here.
- The Scorchers have announced one change to their squad for this match as Liam Guthrie comes into the 13 at the expense of Jaron Morgan and there is a chance that either he or Joel Paris could come into the line-up to change things around a little.
- Sydney Thunder’s win in the derby against the Sixers last time out as they managed to bowl their rivals out for just 76 in a 16-over rain-reduced match and they managed to stay ahead of Duckworth/Lewis to pick up a vital win that saw them move into fourth place.
- Daniel Sams continued his fine form with the ball taking 3/14 with Chris Morris being named man-of-the-match with his 2/12 while Gurinder Sandhu also bowled well with his 1/10 from his three overs as their bowling unit laid the foundations for victory.
- Coach Shane Bond has named the same squad for this match and after such a good display against the Sixers, he will surely name the same eleven players to face this Scorchers side that will have major ramifications in the race for the top four places.
This match is a huge one in the race for the top four places as the Thunder sit in fourth just a point ahead of the fifth-placed Scorchers. The Thunder have the better form behind them coming into this match as the Scorchers have lost their last two and looked poor albeit against the top-of-the-table Stars. Their batting will have to improve massively to beat the Thunder here and the Sydney outfit just the look the more well-rounded of the two teams which may just give them the edge in what should be a tight game.