2019-20 Big Bash League – Perth Scorchers vs Melbourne Stars Preview & Prediction
When is Perth Scorchers vs Melbourne Stars taking place? Wednesday 15th January, 2020 – 10:10 (UK)
Where is Perth Scorchers vs Melbourne Stars taking place? Optus Stadium, Perth
What is the expected weather for Perth Scorchers vs Melbourne Stars? 34c in bright sunshine and clear skies
What television channel is Perth Scorchers vs Melbourne Stars on in the UK? BT Sport have the rights to BBL09 matches so it is worth checking their schedule
Where can I stream Perth Scorchers vs Melbourne Stars in the UK? If televised, BT Sport subscribers will be able to stream the match live via the BT Sport website & app
Where can I get tickets for Perth Scorchers vs Melbourne Stars? Visit the official BBL website for ticket information
What was the outcome in the last meeting? Perth Scorchers beat Melbourne Stars by 27 runs
THE TEAM NEWS
- Perth Scorchers made it three wins in a row as they produced another dominant display to run out big winners over Hobart Hurricanes but their recent good run will come under threat as they host Melbourne Stars.
- Josh Inglis led the way as he notched 73 from just 46 balls to help his side to 175/7 before Jhye Richardson took a 4-fer with the ball as the Scorchers ripped through the Hurricanes’ batting line-up to bowl them out for just 98 to claim a 77-run victory.
- The Scorchers have made just one change to their squad for this tough contest against the Stars with Joondalup batsman Jaron Morgan promoted to the 18-man squad to replace Ashton Turner who is in India with Australia and Morgan comes in to the 13-man squad for Liam Guthrie.
- Melbourne Stars won for the sixth game in a row and have now claimed eight victories from their nine encounters in the Big Bash so far this season as they claimed a comfortable win over Sydney Sixers thanks to a brilliant batting display.
- Marcus Stoinis put the controversy surrounding his homophobic slur well and truly behind him as he whacked the highest score in BBL history with an unbeaten 147 while he also set a new record for the highest partnership having shared 207 runs with opening partner Hilton Cartwright.
- With the third-biggest total ever scored in the BBL, it was unlikely that their opponents would be able to chase that total down, with the Sixers falling 44 runs short, and the Stars are able to improve their squad further for this game with Nathan Coulter-Nile back in contention.
If Melbourne Stars were not respected as a favourite to win this edition of the Big Bash before, they will be now after their victory over Sydney Sixers. Marcus Stoinis sent records tumbling with his magnificent 147* and he will be full of confidence on the back of that knock. The Stars have only lost once so far this campaign and with six consecutive wins behind them, it is likely that they will maintain their superb form by ending a four-match losing streak against the Scorchers to pick up another victory here.