2019-20 Big Bash League – Perth Scorchers vs Hobart Hurricanes Preview & Prediction
When is Perth Scorchers vs Hobart Hurricanes taking place? Sunday 5th January, 2020 – 10:40 (UK)
Where is Perth Scorchers vs Hobart Hurricanes taking place? Optus Stadium, Perth
What is the expected weather for Perth Scorchers vs Hobart Hurricanes? 26c with sunshine and clear skies forecast all day
What television channel is Perth Scorchers vs Hobart Hurricanes on in the UK? BT Sport have the rights to BBL09 matches so it is worth checking their schedule
Where can I stream Perth Scorchers vs Hobart Hurricanes in the UK? If televised, BT Sport subscribers will be able to stream the match live via the BT Sport website & app
Where can I get tickets for Perth Scorchers vs Hobart Hurricanes? Visit the official BBL website for ticket information
What was the outcome in the last meeting? Hobart Hurricanes beat Perth Scorchers by 4 wickets
THE TEAM NEWS
- Perth Scorches picked up a much-needed win last time out as they produced a superb bowling display to bowl out Brisbane Heat for just 109 after posting 149/6 themselves when batting first to win their second game in five matches so far.
- Their top order put in a solid performance and Cameron Bancroft’s 50 from 42 balls underpinned the innings from number three but they will be wanting the batsmen around him to score at a quicker rate against this strong Hurricanes team.
- They have named an unchanged squad for this match following the win over the Heat and the likelihood is that Tim David and Joel Paris will be the two players to miss out once again as they surely name the same eleven.
- Hobart Hurricanes have an identical record to the Scorchers as they have four points from their opening five games but they have lost their last two as they were blown away by Brisbane Heat last time out who smashed 212/3 against them and that proved 31 runs too many for them on Friday.
- None of their bowlers found any success at home against the Heat which will be a slight concern for the coaching staff coming into this key game and they have been dealt a blow by the news that James Faulkner has picked up a calf injury from that game and will miss out here.
- Pace bowler Tom Rogers has been called up into the squad as his replacement so it will either be him, Scott Boland or all-rounder Mac Wright that will come into the side, but it does represent a drop in quality regardless of whoever comes in.
This is a vital clash for both of these teams as they have enjoyed less than stellar starts to BBL|09 so far and whoever loses will find themselves adrift of the race for the top four. Perth Scorchers have the greater momentum coming into this match as they beat the Heat last time out while the Hurricanes were beaten by the Heat. The Scorchers bowling attack was top drawer in that game and with Fawad Ahmed finding some form finally, they look strong in that department. The Hurricanes are not helped by the absence of James Faulkner, and they would have been up against it had he been available. Without him, their task is even harder and the Scorchers can get the win on home turf.