2019-20 Big Bash League – Perth Scorchers vs Brisbane Heat Preview & Prediction
When is Perth Scorchers vs Brisbane Heat taking place? Saturday 11th January, 2020 – 10:10 (UK)
Where is Perth Scorchers vs Brisbane Heat taking place? Optus Stadium, Perth
What is the expected weather for Perth Scorchers vs Brisbane Heat? 35c and sunshine forecast all day
What television channel is Perth Scorchers vs Brisbane Heat on in the UK? BT Sport have the rights to BBL09 matches so it is worth checking their schedule
Where can I stream Perth Scorchers vs Brisbane Heat in the UK? If televised, BT Sport subscribers will be able to stream the match live via the BT Sport website & app
Where can I get tickets for Perth Scorchers vs Brisbane Heat? Visit the official BBL website for ticket information
What was the outcome in the last meeting? Perth Scorchers beat Brisbane Heat by 40 runs
THE TEAM NEWS
- Perth Scorchers sit on six points with three wins and four defeats from their opening seven matches in BBL|09 and they desperately need to follow up their win over Melbourne Renegades last time out and win back-to-back matches and push themselves in contention for a top four place.
- The Scorchers' best performances have come when their opening duo of Josh Inglis and Liam Livingstone have been able to produce the goods, and that was the case against the Renegades as they chased down 175/5 with relative ease with four wickets and one over to spare as both hit fifties in an opening partnership of 102 from 10 overs.
- They are forced into one change for this game as Ashton Agar is with the Australian white ball team so Liam Guthrie comes into the 13-man squad, but while that may seem like a blow to the team, Agar’s form has been poor in BBL|09 with a top score of just 14 with the bat.
- Brisbane Heat make the long trip to Perth in fine form having won their last three matches against the Hurricanes twice and the Thunder, to move up the ladder and into a top four place after their poor start to BBL|09.
- Their batting has been the key to most of their victories in this year’s edition on the whole but skipper Chris Lynn will have been delighted with his bowlers last time out against the Hurricanes as Josh Lalor and Ben Laughlin combined to take five wickets and restrict them to just 126/9.
- After Test batsman Joe Burns returned for the last match, they have now been able to call upon Aussie Test bowler James Pattinson who makes the trip to Perth and he will boost their improving bowling attack as he replaces Mark Steketee.
There are just two points separating these sides as the Heat sit just above the Scorchers on eight points but it is the Brisbane side that come into this game with all the momentum. They have won their last three matches and their squad is bolstered even further by the arrival of fast bowler James Pattinson after Test duty. They are playing good cricket right now with their bowling attack in good form, while their batting is incredibly deep and formidable. The Scorchers are also coming off a win but they have struggled for any kind of consistency this season and they are unlikely to be able to live with the Heat’s batting firepower so this could be a fourth win in a row for the Brisbane team.