2019-20 Big Bash League – Perth Scorchers vs Adelaide Strikers Preview & Prediction
When is Perth Scorchers vs Adelaide Strikers taking place? Friday 24th January, 2020 – 10:10 (UK)
Where is Perth Scorchers vs Adelaide Strikers taking place? Optus Stadium, Perth
What is the expected weather for Perth Scorchers vs Adelaide Strikers? 26c in clear skies
What television channel is Perth Scorchers vs Adelaide Strikers on in the UK? BT Sport have the rights to BBL09 matches so it is worth checking their schedule
Where can I stream Perth Scorchers vs Adelaide Strikers in the UK? If televised, BT Sport subscribers will be able to stream the match live via the BT Sport website & app
Where can I get tickets for Perth Scorchers vs Adelaide Strikers? Visit the official BBL website for ticket information
What was the outcome in the last meeting? Adelaide Strikers beat Perth Scorchers by 15 runs (D/L method)
THE TEAM NEWS
- Perth Scorchers returned to winning ways as they overcame Sydney Thunder thanks to an impressive batting display and that win has ensured that their hopes of making it to the finals of BBL|09 is in their own hands.
- Chasing 154 to win, opening pair Josh Inglis and Liam Livingstone combined for 136 of those runs as they both finished with half centuries on their way to a brilliant eight-wicket win which they achieved with almost five overs to spare.
- This will be Chris Jordan’s final game for the Scorchers before he meets up with the England squad for international duty but Perth are boosted by the return of Australia pair Ashton Agar and Ashton Turner for this crucial contest.
- Adelaide Strikers made it three wins in a row as they defeated Melbourne Stars in what could be a preview of the BBL|09 final with the Strikers’ bowling unit doing what was required to seal the victory.
- Jonathan Wells made it two impressive knocks in a row as he scored a crucial 55* to help his side to 162/4 and Peter Siddle took three late wickets to ensure the Strikers were able to defend that total.
- Siddle ended with figures of 4-33 and he will have another big role to play as the Strikers seek to pick up a fourth straight win to put themselves into a strong position to secure a second chance in the finals and they have named an unchanged squad for this contest.they
This game is important for both teams but for different reasons. Adelaide Strikers moved a step closer to securing their spot in the finals with a brilliant win over Melbourne Stars last time out but they will have one eye on a top two finish. Perth Scorchers are not in as strong a position as the Strikers but will still be confident of a spot in the finals. That placing will become more precarious if they lose this game and that is likely to be the case with the Strikers set to win a fourth game in a row.