2019-20 Big Bash League – Melbourne Stars vs Adelaide Strikers Preview & Prediction
When is Melbourne Stars vs Adelaide Strikers taking place? Friday 27th December, 2019 – 08:10 (UK)
Where is Melbourne Stars vs Adelaide Strikers taking place? Metricon Stadium, Carrara
What is the expected weather for Melbourne Stars vs Adelaide Strikers? 28c and sunshine forecast all day
What television channel is Melbourne Stars vs Adelaide Strikers on in the UK? BT Sport have the rights to BBL09 matches so it is worth checking their schedule
Where can I stream Melbourne Stars vs Adelaide Strikers in the UK? If televised, BT Sport subscribers will be able to stream the match live via the BT Sport website & app
Where can I get tickets for Melbourne Stars vs Adelaide Strikers? Visit the official BBL website for ticket information
What was the outcome in the last meeting? Melbourne Stars beat Adelaide Strikers by 44 runs
THE TEAM NEWS
- Melbourne Stars have started BBL|09 in superb form winning their opening two matches against Hobart Hurricanes and Brisbane Heat as they look to make a serious bid for the title this year.
- They have brought Dale Steyn and Nathan Coulter-Nile into the squad for the very first time as they duo have passed fit and should start here but in truth they will miss Haris Rauf who took five wickets last time out and has been a revelation so the incoming duo will have to hit the ground running.
- The bowling attack is now one of the most star-studded in the competition while the batting is clicking into gear and is unlikely to see any changes although they may tinker with the order as they have done in the opening two games so far.
- Adelaide Strikers saw their opening match abandoned due to the bush fires and then they won a fascinating encounter against Perth Scorchers after their batsmen smashed 198/4 from just 18 overs in the 15-run win so they will look to build on their good start.
- After being left out of the Australian team to face New Zealand in the Boxing Day Test, paceman Peter Siddle has been released by Cricket Australia and is expected to return to the Strikers bowling attack here.
- Siddle will likely replace either Conway, Valente or Agar in what will likely be the only change given the way they played last time out, though they will be hoping for an improvement from overseas opener Phil Salt as the English batsmen has scores of 0 and 2 from his first two BBL innings.
Both of these teams have looked impressive in their opening BBL matches but it is the Stars who have a real determined look about them this time around. They have been superb in their opening two matches and they have bolstered their team by bringing Coulter Nile and Steyn into their squad and that will give them even more threat with the ball. They look to have the best all-round team right now and have started in impressive fashion. The Strikers are in good shape themselves but have relied heavily on Jake Weatherald so far with the bat and he will not find it so easy against this attack. Another win is on the cards for the impressive Stars in Carrara.