2019-20 Big Bash League – Melbourne Renegades vs Sydney Thunder Preview & Prediction
When is Melbourne Renegades vs Sydney Thunder taking place? Thursday 19th December, 2019 – 08:10 (UK)
Where is Melbourne Renegades vs Sydney Thunder taking place? GMHBA Stadium, Geelong
What is the expected weather for Melbourne Renegades vs Sydney Thunder? 24c with sunshine and cloudy intervals
What television channel is Melbourne Renegades vs Sydney Thunder on in the UK? BT Sport have the rights to BBL09 matches so it is worth checking their schedule
Where can I stream Melbourne Renegades vs Sydney Thunder in the UK? If televised, BT Sport subscribers will be able to stream the match live via the BT Sport website & app
Where can I get tickets for Melbourne Renegades vs Sydney Thunder? Visit the official BBL website for ticket information
What was the outcome in the last meeting? Melbourne Renegades beat Sydney Thunder by 27 runs
THE TEAM NEWS
- The defending champions come into this new edition of the BBL with plenty of expectation once again as they have a strong squad despite various changes to both the playing and coaching staff.
- Michael Klinger takes over as Head Coach in what is his first coaching role in place of the departed Andrew McDonald and he will have big shoes to fill after the successful campaign last year and he has already had to deal with the withdrawal of Faheem Ashraf and Usman Shinwari who are now not available so Harry Gurney, Richard Gleeson and Mohammad Nabi will be their overseas players this time around.
- They have made a shrewd signing in star all-rounder Shaun Marsh who will be a great addition and has been in top form in the Sheffield Shield and he more than makes up for the loss of Cam White, Chris Tremain and Tim Ludeman who have all departed.
- They will be without Aaron Finch and potentially Kane Richardson later in the tournament but they have their key men available for this opening game and they will be looking for skipper Finch to lead the way and get them off to an explosive start with the bat.
- Sydney Thunder got off to a winning start in the opening game of BBL|09 as they recovered from 38/3 to posted 172/6 against Brisbane Heat and they managed to defend it and ultimately win comfortably by 29 runs at the Gabba.
- New skipper Callum Ferguson was the star man grinding through early in his innings before ending on an unbeaten 73 from 44 balls as his innings paved the foundations for the excellent victory while Chris Green’s 25 from 17 balls was equally important.
- There is every chance that they will name the same team for this game although they should have South African all-rounder Chris Morris at their disposal and he could replace Nathan McAndrew if he is available.
Sydney Thunder got off to an excellent start on Tuesday as they won the opening match in Brisbane and they face another road trip here as they travel to Geelong to face Melbourne Renegades. The Renegades have dominated recent meetings between the two teams having won their last six matches against the Thunder. That will give them plenty of confidence and while Thunder looked in good form in their opening match, the Renegades can hit the ground running and pick up an opening win here.