2019-20 Big Bash League – Melbourne Renegades vs Perth Scorchers Preview & Prediction
When is Melbourne Renegades vs Perth Scorchers taking place? Tuesday 7th January, 2020 – 08:10 (UK)
Where is Melbourne Renegades vs Perth Scorchers taking place? GMHBA Stadium, Geelong
What is the expected weather for Melbourne Renegades vs Perth Scorchers? 19c in partly cloudy skies and humid conditions
What television channel is Melbourne Renegades vs Perth Scorchers on in the UK? BT Sport have the rights to BBL09 matches so it is worth checking their schedule
Where can I stream Melbourne Renegades vs Perth Scorchers in the UK? If televised, BT Sport subscribers will be able to stream the match live via the BT Sport website & app
Where can I get tickets for Melbourne Renegades vs Perth Scorchers? Visit the official BBL website for ticket information
What was the outcome in the last meeting? Perth Scorchers beat Melbourne Renegades by 11 runs
THE TEAM NEWS
- Melbourne Renegades are still the only team without a win in this edition of the Big Bash League after falling to a heavy defeat at the hands of Melbourne rivals the Stars and the reigning champions already look in huge trouble in the race to make the finals.
- Shaun Marsh top-scored with 43 as the Renegades stuttered their way to 142/9 with the steady loss of wickets not aiding their cause and that score fell well short of what was required as the Stars knocked that total off with eight wickets and seven balls to spare.
- The Renegades are desperate to find a way to turn their season around and will hope the inclusion of new recruits Samit Patel and Andrew Fekete can provide what they need while Marcus Harris will also come into contention for this game.
- Perth Scorchers will be targeting this game to try earn a valuable win in their quest to make the finals of the BBL after becoming the latest team to succumb to the brilliance of D’Arcy Short as they fell to defeat against Hobart Hurricanes.
- Short smashed 103 not out from just 70 balls as the Scorchers failed to find a way to get the in-form man out and despite giving their chase a good go, the loss of their top three for a combined 16 runs did not help their cause as they ended on 172/8.
- That resulted in a narrow eight-run defeat but they will take some positives from that game and with more to come from their bowling unit, they will fancy their chances of getting back to winning ways in a team that could include Sam Whiteman who has returned to the squad.
Melbourne Renegades already look doomed in their quest to defend their BBL title and have now lost six straight matches. They are yet to win a game and with another poor display in their latest contest, their agony could be prolonged here. Perth Scorchers were beaten by the class of D’Arcy Short in their last game but have the tools to respond here and should be able to take advantage of the lack of threat posed by the Renegades’ bowling attack.