2019-20 Big Bash League – Melbourne Renegades vs Brisbane Heat Preview & Prediction
When is Melbourne Renegades vs Brisbane Heat taking place? Monday 27th January, 2020 – 03:45 (UK)
Where is Melbourne Renegades vs Brisbane Heat taking place? Marvel Stadium, Melbourne
What is the expected weather for Melbourne Renegades vs Brisbane Heat? 22c in mostly cloudy skies
What television channel is Melbourne Renegades vs Brisbane Heat on in the UK? BT Sport have the rights to BBL09 matches so it is worth checking their schedule
Where can I stream Melbourne Renegades vs Brisbane Heat in the UK? If televised, BT Sport subscribers will be able to stream the match live via the BT Sport website & app
Where can I get tickets for Melbourne Renegades vs Brisbane Heat? Visit the official BBL website for ticket information
What was the outcome in the last meeting? Melbourne Renegades beat Brisbane Heat by 44 runs
THE TEAM NEWS
- Melbourne Renegades will bring their disappointing campaign to an end as the winners of BBL|08 will finish bottom of the ladder but will hope to finish on a high as they seek just their third win.
- The Renegades could not defend a solid total of 175 as captain Aaron Finch’s magnificent 109 off 68 balls proved in vain for his side as they could only take three wickets in response with the Sydney Sixers reaching their target with eight balls remaining.
- Despite the disappointing loss last time out, the Renegades have opted to name the same 13-man squad from that contest which means a lot of pressure on the likes of Finch with the Renegades’ bowling attack looking light on match-winners.
- Brisbane Heat have struggled for consistency in this edition of the Big Bash League but their talent was obvious as they produced a stunning display to keep their hopes of making the finals alive with a huge win over top of the ladder Melbourne Stars.
- AB de Villiers produced the best score from his five appearances so far as his superb 71 helped his side to 186/5 before a strong all-round effort with the ball saw the Stars removed for just 115.
- That 71-run win means that the Heat need to win this final match of the round robin to secure their place in the finals and it is unsurprising that Brisbane have named an unchanged squad after such a dominant performance.
Melbourne Renegades came out on top the last time these two teams met as they dented Brisbane Heat’s charge towards the finals and the same outcome this time around would see the Heat miss out on the top five. Brisbane need to win this game to secure their spot in the finals but the pressure will be on as they know a defeat would eliminate them. The Renegades have endured a poor campaign in defence of their title and although they will want to go out on a high in front of their home crowd, it is likely to end in disappointment for them with the Heat able to get the job done.