2019-20 Big Bash League – Melbourne Renegades vs Adelaide Strikers Preview & Prediction
When is Melbourne Renegades vs Adelaide Strikers taking place? Sunday 29th December, 2019 – 08:10 (UK)
Where is Melbourne Renegades vs Adelaide Strikers taking place? Marvel Stadium, Melbourne
What is the expected weather for Melbourne Renegades vs Adelaide Strikers? Temperatures as high as 34c forecast
What television channel is Melbourne Renegades vs Adelaide Strikers on in the UK? BT Sport have the rights to BBL09 matches so it is worth checking their schedule
Where can I stream Melbourne Renegades vs Adelaide Strikers in the UK? If televised, BT Sport subscribers will be able to stream the match live via the BT Sport website & app
Where can I get tickets for Melbourne Renegades vs Adelaide Strikers? Visit the official BBL website for ticket information
What was the outcome in the last meeting? Adelaide Strikers beat Melbourne Renegades by 32 runs
THE TEAM NEWS
- Defending champions Melbourne Renegades are under pressure after losing their opening three matches in BBL|09 so they welcome the Striker to the MCG knowing that nothing less than a win will suffice here.
- There are two changes to the 13-man squad as pace bowler Joe Mennie and all-rounder Will Sutherland come into the reckoning at the expense of Jake Fraser-McGurk and Jack Wildermuth and they may well be tempted to go with the experience of Mennie or bring Sutherland in to add more depth to the batting.
- They still have major concerns over English bowling duo Harry Gurney and Richard Gleeson and it would be no surprise if they left Gleeson out for either Mennie or Sutherland in an attempt to change things around and spark a reaction.
- Adelaide Strikers are the only team remaining in BBL|09 that are unbeaten as they have won two matches and had their third match abandoned so their confidence is flying as they make the trip to Melbourne to face the struggling Renegades.
- The batting has been outstanding so far in the tournament with Jake Weatherald, Alex Carey and Jono Wells in superb form but their bowling really stepped up last time out as they defended 174/4 against the Melbourne Stars thanks in no small part to Rashid Khan and Peter Siddle who were exceptional.
- Harry Conway remains unavailable due to illness so leg-spinner Liam O’Connor comes into the 13-man squad but every sign suggests this will be an unchanged starting line-up for the in-form Strikers.
Everything points to the Strikers coming into this game as form is clearly behind the Adelaide side. The Renegades are struggling badly with both bat and ball at the moment as they desperately need key men like Aaron Finch and Kane Richardson to produce some magic quickly. The Strikers are unlikely to ease off the gas here and if they play as they have done so far, they should dispatch the Renegades comfortably. That said, urgency and motivation is on the side of the Renegades and their batsmen could step up here and lay the foundations for an unlikely victory.