2019-20 Big Bash League – Hobart Hurricanes vs Sydney Thunder Preview & Prediction
When is Hobart Hurricanes vs Sydney Thunder taking place? Thursday 30th January, 2020 – 08:40 (UK)
Where is Hobart Hurricanes vs Sydney Thunder taking place? Blundstone Arena, Hobart
What is the expected weather for Hobart Hurricanes vs Sydney Thunder? 21c in partly cloudy skies
What television channel is Hobart Hurricanes vs Sydney Thunder on in the UK? BT Sport have the rights to BBL09 matches so it is worth checking their schedule
Where can I stream Hobart Hurricanes vs Sydney Thunder in the UK? If televised, BT Sport subscribers will be able to stream the match live via the BT Sport website & app
Where can I get tickets for Hobart Hurricanes vs Sydney Thunder? Visit the official BBL website for ticket information
What was the outcome in the last meeting? Hobart Hurricanes beat Sydney Thunder by 57 runs
THE TEAM NEWS
- Hobart Hurricanes made it three wins in a row and their impressive win over Adelaide Strikers ensured that their recent form was rewarded with a place in the finals of BBL|09 thanks to a fourth place finish on the ladder.
- Matthew Wade was in stunning form as he hit an unbeaten 130 from just 61 balls as he shared 203 with D’Arcy Short for the opening partnership which helped his side to a total of 217/1.
- The Strikers gave the chase everything they had but the Hurricanes stood firm which saw them earn a home game in this eliminator and after such a striking performance last time out, Hobart are expected to name a similar XI although there will be at least one change as David Miller has returned to South Africa for international duty with Simon Milenko taking his place in the 13-man squad.
- Sydney Thunder edged the victory over Perth Scorchers in a rain-affected contest and with Brisbane Heat failing to win their final game of the round robin against Melbourne Renegades, the Thunder were able to snatch the final spot in the finals of the Big Bash League.
- The Scorchers could only make 99/4 from their reduced spell of 15 overs with the bat and with the target adjusted to 96 from 12 overs, the chase was not straightforward on a difficult pitch to score on.
- Alex Hales and Usman Khawaja combined for 66 to put the Thunder within striking distance and despite cutting it fine, the Sydney side were able to reach their target with two balls to spare and they are expected to stick with a similar team for this contest although Gurinder Sandhu has been left out of their 13-man squad with Brendan Doggett replacing him.
Hobart Hurricanes have managed to save their BBL|09 campaign thanks to three successive wins. That run saw them qualify for the finals and although they have plenty of work to do, the Hurricanes have the talent to have a real tilt at the title. They host Sydney Thunder in this eliminator and having won by 57 runs when the teams last met just last week, Hobart will be extremely confident of matching that with their powerful batting line-up set to have too much for the Thunder.