2019-20 Big Bash League – Hobart Hurricanes vs Perth Scorchers Preview & Prediction
When is Hobart Hurricanes vs Perth Scorchers taking place? Monday 13th January, 2020 – 08:10 (UK)
Where is Hobart Hurricanes vs Perth Scorchers taking place? Blundstone Arena, Hobart
What is the expected weather for Hobart Hurricanes vs Perth Scorchers? 29c with sunshine and cloudy intervals
What television channel is Hobart Hurricanes vs Perth Scorchers on in the UK? BT Sport have the rights to BBL09 matches so it is worth checking their schedule
Where can I stream Hobart Hurricanes vs Perth Scorchers in the UK? If televised, BT Sport subscribers will be able to stream the match live via the BT Sport website & app
Where can I get tickets for Hobart Hurricanes vs Perth Scorchers? Visit the official BBL website for ticket information
What was the outcome in the last meeting? Hobart Hurricanes beat Perth Scorchers by 8 runs
THE TEAM NEWS
- Hobart Hurricanes have lost their last two BBL|0 matches as they sit second-from-bottom in the ladder but they will be hoping they can take some confidence that their last win came against the Perth Scorchers, although that was their only win in their last five games.
- From the team that fell short against Sydney Thunder last time out who beat them by four wickets, they have named an unchanged 13-man squad and it could well be the same eleven but they will look for an improvement in their speed of scoring with the bat especially.
- Compared to the team that they named when they beat the Scorchers eight days ago, they will be without star opener D’Arcy Short who was unquestionably the matchwinner in that game as he hit an unbeaten century so they will need others to step up here.
- There are a cluster of four teams all sitting between third and sixth place in the ladder with just a solitary point separating them and the Scorchers last two consecutive wins has put them right back in contention for a top four place.
- Their latest win against Brisbane Heat was particularly pleasing for the Scorchers as their batting line-up finally clicked into gear and produced their best total of BBL|09 as Mitch March led from the front smashing an unbeaten 93 from 41 balls which included eight sixes in their total of 213/3 which was 34 runs too many for the Heat.
- They are able to name an unchanged 13-man squad for this game and they will surely name the same eleven to start as they look to have more success against this Hurricanes team without Short who dominated their bowling last time they met.
There is little to separate these two teams in the BBL ladder as the Scorchers and Hurricanes sit sixth and seventh respectively. It is the Scorchers however who have the greater momentum right now and that is largely down to the fact that their batting is finding some form and the same cannot be said to the Hurricanes batting order. They are sorely missing D’Arcy Short and even with him in the side this year, they have not been quite as dominant as previous editions when Short and Wade were dominating bowling attacks. The Scorchers are in good form with the bat, and they possess a bowling attack good enough to hold the Hurricanes and gain revenge for the D’Arcy Short-inspired defeat eight days ago.