2019-20 Big Bash League – Hobart Hurricanes vs Melbourne Stars Preview & Prediction
When is Hobart Hurricanes vs Melbourne Stars taking place? Monday 30th December, 2019 – 08:10 (UK)
Where is Hobart Hurricanes vs Melbourne Stars taking place? University of Tasmania Stadium, Launceston
What is the expected weather for Hobart Hurricanes vs Melbourne Stars? 33c with sunshine and cloudy intervals
What television channel is Hobart Hurricanes vs Melbourne Stars on in the UK? BT Sport have the rights to BBL|09 matches so it is worth checking their schedule
Where can I stream Hobart Hurricanes vs Melbourne Stars in the UK? If televised, BT Sport subscribers will be able to stream the match live via the BT Sport website & app
Where can I get tickets for Hobart Hurricanes vs Melbourne Stars? Visit the official BBL website for ticket information
What was the outcome in the last meeting? Melbourne Stars beat Hobart Hurricanes by 52 runs
THE TEAM NEWS
- Hobart Hurricanes are coming off a comfortable win over Melbourne Renegades on Christmas Eve as they eased to victory by seven wickets to bounce back from their previous defeat against the Stars who are their opponents here once again.
- Their bowlers laid the foundations for their win against the Renegades as they dragged them back from 109/2 to bowl them out for just 147 as Faulkner, Ellis and Meredith all took three wickets apiece in another impressive performance with the ball all-round.
- They have brought Scott Boland into the squad after he recovered from an injury which has forced him out of the previous three matches but they will be loathed to change a winning formula right now so they will likely be unchanged.
- Melbourne Stars slipped to their first defeat of the season last time out as they were narrowly beaten by five runs against Adelaide Strikers as they just fell short of the 174/4 posted by the Strikers.
- The star-studded bowling attack featuring Steyn, Zampa, Coulter-Nile and Lamichhane will have been disappointed to have conceded 174 runs but they only managed to give Lamichhane three overs despite only going for 15 runs and the use of the bowlers will need to be managed better by skipper Glenn Maxwell.
- They will be for an improvement here with both bat and ball but they are unlikely to make changes to their starting line-up for this game as they have on the whole been in good form and they still have plenty of room to improve.
These two sides have identical records of having won two of their three matches so far but the Stars have been the more impressive of the two and hold a comfortable win already over the Hurricanes. Their bowling attack has improved even further since that game as Steyn and Coulter-Nile are now fit, and after bowling them out for just 111, they will be confident once again. The Hurricanes will be keen to put in a better showing than they did in that game but that will be a tough ask. The Stars are playing at a higher level overall and should bounce back to winning ways here.