2019-20 Big Bash League – Hobart Hurricanes vs Melbourne Renegades Preview & Prediction
When is Hobart Hurricanes vs Melbourne Renegades taking place? Tuesday 24th December, 2019 – 03:45 (UK)
Where is Hobart Hurricanes vs Melbourne Renegades taking place? Blundstone Arena, Hobart
What is the expected weather for Hobart Hurricanes vs Melbourne Renegades? 22c with sunshine forecast
What television channel is Hobart Hurricanes vs Melbourne Renegades on in the UK? BT Sport have the rights to BBL09 matches so it is worth checking their schedule
Where can I stream Hobart Hurricanes vs Melbourne Renegades in the UK? If televised, BT Sport subscribers will be able to stream the match live via the BT Sport website & app
Where can I get tickets for Hobart Hurricanes vs Melbourne Renegades? Visit the official BBL website for ticket information
What was the outcome in the last meeting? Hobart Hurricanes beat Melbourne Renegades by 16 runs
THE TEAM NEWS
- It has been a mixed start for Hobart Hurricanes as they won their opening game against Sydney Sixers but they were heavily beaten by Melbourne Stars in Moe last time out as they were bowled out for just 111 chasing the Stars’ total of 163/4.
- The batting has been their major weakness in both matches so far as they could only manage 129/9 in the opening game and then the 111, so their key batsmen like Short, McDermott and Miller desperately need to find some form and put some big innings together.
- They were not helped against the Stars by the unexpected absence of both Faulkner and Bailey but the experienced duo both return to the squad here and should play which will significantly strengthen both the batting and bowling departments.
- Defending champions Melbourne Renegades are the only team yet to win a match and as they sit bottom of the BBL|09 ladder, they are already under some pressure to turn it around quickly and get a win at the third attempt of asking.
- Their latest loss came in Perth against the Scorchers where they fell 11 runs short in their run chase and while the batting has not been at its best so far, it is the bowling attack that desperately needs to improve especially with their death bowling as only Kane Richardson has come out of the opening two games with any credit.
- There is growing pressure on English duo Richard Gleeson and Harry Gurney as they were smashed for 1/49 and 1/55 respectively against the Scorchers, so the duo have to improve quickly here or they could find their positions under some threat with Joe Mennie a candidate to come into the side along with all-rounder Will Sutherland.
The Hurricanes and Renegades are both under pressure to improve their performance levels and they could both do with a win here. The defending champions especially are struggling with two defeats in a row to start their title defence but they just need to fine tune some things to get a win as they do not seem too far away from it. The Hurricanes on the other hand are not playing well at all with the bat and it would take quite an improvement for them. They have the edge in bowling but the Renegades' batting department could be key here and they can lead them to their first victory of BBL|09.