2019-20 Big Bash League – Hobart Hurricanes vs Brisbane Heat Preview & Prediction
When is Hobart Hurricanes vs Brisbane Heat taking place? Friday 3rd January, 2020 – 08:10 (UK)
Where is Hobart Hurricanes vs Brisbane Heat taking place? Blundstone Arena, Hobart
What is the expected weather for Hobart Hurricanes vs Brisbane Heat? 22c with sunshine and cloudy intervals
What television channel is Hobart Hurricanes vs Brisbane Heat on in the UK? BT Sport have the rights to BBL09 matches so it is worth checking their schedule
Where can I stream Hobart Hurricanes vs Brisbane Heat in the UK? If televised, BT Sport subscribers will be able to stream the match live via the BT Sport website & app
Where can I get tickets for Hobart Hurricanes vs Brisbane Heat? Visit the official BBL website for ticket information
What was the outcome in the last meeting? Hobart Hurricanes beat Brisbane Heat by 9 wickets
THE TEAM NEWS
- Hobart Hurricanes sit on four points from four matches as they have won two and lost two of their matches so far but they were somewhat unlucky last time out as they lost a couple of early wickets when batting first and then the various rain interruptions meant that the Stars were handed a relatively easy run chase via Duckworth/Lewis.
- That match did highlight the reliance on star opening batsman D’Arcy Short who was out for a third-ball duck and while he will be desperate to bounce back here, his team-mates need to contribute more.
- The Hurricanes have named an unchanged side for this match and there is every chance that it is the same eleven with Mac Wright and Scott Boland the two to drop out of the 13-man squad as they seek to get back to winning ways.
- After their stunning win over Sydney Sixers, Brisbane Heat slipped back to their bad old ways on New Year’s Day against Perth Scorchers who bowled them out for a miserable 109 chasing their 149/6.
- Their batting was so poor in that game that their top two runscorers were Ben Laughlin (17) and Zahir Khan (19) who came in at number 10 and 11 which demonstrates just how poor their much-vaunted group of big hitters were once again.
- Despite the poor batting display against the Scorchers, the Heat have named an unchanged squad for this game and there is every chance it will be the same eleven that are named to bounce back in contention for a play-off place.
Brisbane Heat have shown in the last two matches that their performance levels can vary from the sublime to the ridiculous, and they have to find some level of consistency if they are to challenge for a top-four place. Hobart Hurricanes are much more reliable when it comes to knowing how they will perform and while they come off a defeat, the rain affected that significantly and not in their favour. They have home advantage on their side and are far more likely to produce a solid enough performance to inflict another defeat on the Heat.