2019-20 Big Bash League – Hobart Hurricanes vs Adelaide Strikers Preview & Prediction
When is Hobart Hurricanes vs Adelaide Strikers taking place? Sunday 19th January, 2020 – 03:45 (UK)
Where is Hobart Hurricanes vs Adelaide Strikers taking place? University of Tasmania Stadium, Launceston
What is the expected weather for Hobart Hurricanes vs Adelaide Strikers? 5c in sunny skies but very humid conditions
What television channel is Hobart Hurricanes vs Adelaide Strikers on in the UK? BT Sport have the rights to BBL09 matches so it is worth checking their schedule
Where can I stream Hobart Hurricanes vs Adelaide Strikers in the UK? If televised, BT Sport subscribers will be able to stream the match live via the BT Sport website & app
Where can I get tickets for Hobart Hurricanes vs Adelaide Strikers? Visit the official BBL website for ticket information
What was the outcome in the last meeting? Adelaide Strikers beat Hobart Hurricanes by 7 wickets
THE TEAM NEWS
- Hobart Hurricanes went in to their game with Sydney Sixers on the back of three straight defeats but their solid start was in vain as the game was abandoned due to poor weather to leave them frustrated in their attempts to end their losing streak.
- Two quick wickets reduced the Sixers to 21/2 as Clive Rose and Scott Boland struck in consecutive overs but only 6.4 overs could be bowled with the Sixers on 45/2 before the match was ended prematurely.
- That no result sees the Hurricanes with plenty of work to do to make the finals having claimed just seven points from 10 matches so far and the responsibility to turn their campaign around is likely to fall to the same team that took to the field against the Sixers.
- Adelaide Strikers produced a brilliant performance to respond to their heavy defeat against Brisbane Heat as they came out on top against the same team in the second game of their double-header to earn a vital victory in their quest to make the finals.
- After a seven-wicket loss to the Heat, the Strikers were devastating with the ball as they removed their opponents for just 100 and Adelaide wasted little time in chasing that total down.
- Phil Salt led the way with 67* off just 38 balls and combined with fellow opener Jake Weatherald to put on an unbeaten 104 in just 10.5 overs which saw the Strikers claim a 10-wicket win and they are unlikely to make any changes after such a superb performance.
Adelaide Strikers showed their class as well as some character by claiming a big win over Brisbane Heat. Having suffered a heavy defeat in their recent game, the Strikers responded in magnificent fashion to claim a huge victory and will look to build on that as they face Hobart Hurricanes. The hosts are without a win in four matches after their recent abandonment last time out and with the Strikers showing their quality with both bat and ball against the Heat, they should be able to build on that to claim another win.