2019-20 Big Bash League – Brisbane Heat vs Sydney Sixers Preview & Prediction
When is Brisbane Heat vs Sydney Sixers taking place? Thursday 23rd January, 2020 – 08:10 (UK)
Where is Brisbane Heat vs Sydney Sixers taking place? Brisbane Cricket Ground, Brisbane
What is the expected weather for Brisbane Heat vs Sydney Sixers? 27c in mostly cloudy skies with a small chance of rain
What television channel is Brisbane Heat vs Sydney Sixers on in the UK? BT Sport have the rights to BBL09 matches so it is worth checking their schedule
Where can I stream Brisbane Heat vs Sydney Sixers in the UK? If televised, BT Sport subscribers will be able to stream the match live via the BT Sport website & app
Where can I get tickets for Brisbane Heat vs Sydney Sixers? Visit the official BBL website for ticket information
What was the outcome in the last meeting? Brisbane Heat beat Sydney Sixers by 48 runs
THE TEAM NEWS
- Brisbane Heat suffered a second loss in a row as they went down to Melbourne Renegades in spectacular fashion with a huge batting collapse responsible for the defeat when a relatively comfortable win had looked to be on the cards.
- Chasing 165 for the win, Brisbane made a brilliant start and were 84/0 just before the end of a sixth over but when Chris Lynn fell with the final delivery of that over, it sparked the collapse which saw the loss of all 10 wickets for just 36 runs.
- After such a poor showing with the bat, the return of Marnus Labuschagne is a welcome one for the Heat and he looks set to make his first appearance of BBL|09 after completing his international duty with Australia.
- Sydney Sixers have one foot in the finals of BBL|09 after they defeated top-of-the-ladder Melbourne Stars and a victory in this game against Brisbane Heat would secure their spot in the last four.
- In a game affected by the rain that was reduced to 14 overs a side, the Sixers made 143/4 with Moises Henriques smashing 72 off 31 balls and despite a solid chase by the Stars, the key wicket of Marcus Stoinis helped the Sixers hang on to win by 21 runs under the D/L method.
- If the Sixers were not already in a buoyant mood following that win, the inclusion of Steve Smith in their 13-man squad is sure to send them into this game full of confidence and he is joined by emerging spinner Ben Manenti.
The two returning Australia internationals could both have a big impact in the outcome of this contest. Marnus Labuschagne did not have the best of times in India but Steve Smith was in superb form and scored more runs than anyone else in the three-match ODI series. He will look to transfer that form into the shortest format of the game in the Sydney Sixers' line-up and following their superb win last time out, they should be able to win again to officially seal their spot in the finals.