2019-20 Big Bash League – Brisbane Heat vs Melbourne Stars Preview & Prediction
When is Brisbane Heat vs Melbourne Stars taking place? Friday 20th December, 2019 – 08:10 (UK)
Where is Brisbane Heat vs Melbourne Stars taking place? Metricon Stadium, Carrara
What is the expected weather for Brisbane Heat vs Melbourne Stars? 32c with sunshine forecast all day
What television channel is Brisbane Heat vs Melbourne Stars on in the UK? BT Sport have the rights to BBL09 matches so it is worth checking their schedule
Where can I stream Brisbane Heat vs Melbourne Stars in the UK? If televised, BT Sport subscribers will be able to stream the match live via the BT Sport website & app
Where can I get tickets for Brisbane Heat vs Melbourne Stars? Visit the official BBL website for ticket information
What was the outcome in the last meeting? Brisbane Heat beat Melbourne Stars by 10 wickets
THE TEAM NEWS
- Brisbane Heat fell short in their opening game as they were beaten by 29 runs as they fell short of Sydney Thunder’s total of 172/6 being bowled out for a disappointing 143 in a game where they struggled to string any real partnerships together to seriously challenge the target.
- The way they just played aggressively with the bat rather than consolidate after losing wickets suggested they will maintain that style, but it cost them here with none of their batsmen able to reach 30 and that will have to be remedied if they are to do well this year.
- The bowling attack showed much more promise compared to last year with Swepson leading the way with 2/11 from his two overs and that will give them some confidence for BBL|09 as bowling was clearly a weakness last year, while they will likely name an unchanged team here.
- Melbourne Stars come into BBL|09 aiming to go one better than last year’s runners-up finish and they have seriously strengthened their squad to have another real push to win the tournament this time around.
- While their bowling was a major weakness last year, they have brought in South African star Dale Steyn who will be available for the opening six matches as well as signing Nathan Coulter-Nile who will be a key addition to this side.
- Sandeep Lamichhane and Pat Brown add yet more quality to the bowling attack that already features Adam Zampa and it looks extremely promising for the Stars this year although they will eventually lose Stoinis, Zampa and Maxwell to international duty later in the tournament.
- They will be hoping Ben Dunk can carry his stunning form from the Mzansi Super League into this tournament to help them make a fast start while skipper Glenn Maxwell and Nic Maddinson are both set to feature despite taking some time away from the game in recent months.
Brisbane Heat were disappointing in their opening loss to Sydney Thunder and they will need to make some major improvements here. They face the Melbourne Stars who play their opening game of BBL|09 and they have assembled what is one of their best teams in recent years. They will have high hopes for this tournament and with most of their key men available for this opening game, they should get off to a winning start against the Heat.