2019-20 Big Bash League – Brisbane Heat vs Hobart Hurricanes Preview & Prediction
When is Brisbane Heat vs Hobart Hurricanes taking place? Thursday 9th January, 2020 – 08:10 (UK)
Where is Brisbane Heat vs Hobart Hurricanes taking place? Brisbane Cricket Ground, Brisbane
What is the expected weather for Brisbane Heat vs Hobart Hurricanes? 27c in mostly sunny skies with some cloud cover above
What television channel is Brisbane Heat vs Hobart Hurricanes on in the UK? BT Sport have the rights to BBL09 matches so it is worth checking their schedule
Where can I stream Brisbane Heat vs Hobart Hurricanes in the UK? If televised, BT Sport subscribers will be able to stream the match live via the BT Sport website & app
Where can I get tickets for Brisbane Heat vs Hobart Hurricanes? Visit the official BBL website for ticket information
What was the outcome in the last meeting? Brisbane Heat beat Hobart Hurricanes by 31 runs
THE TEAM NEWS
- Brisbane Heat made it three wins from their last four matches as England international Tom Banton produced some heroics with the bat to help his side come out on top of a rain-affected contest with Sydney Thunder.
- Banton scored the second-fastest half-century in Big Bash League history as he reached his 50 from just 16 deliveries and that effort included five consecutive sixes in one over as he helped his side to 119/4 from eight overs.
- Defending a revised total of 77 from five overs, Heat completed the job without too many worries as they sealed a 16-run victory by the D/L method and they are likely to be boosted further in this game by the return of Joe Burns from international duty with Australia.
- Hobart Hurricanes overcame Perth Scorchers in a close contest to earn their first win in three matches following back-to-back losses and they will look to build on that performance as they attempt to maintain their recent run of form.
- D’Arcy Short was in ominous form too as he struck an unbeaten ton, ending on 103* from just 70 balls and that effort helped his side to 180/2 which they managed to defend narrowly by hanging on to win by eight runs.
- The Hurricanes will have to deal without Short for their next handful of games as he heads off to India with Australia but Matthew Wade will make up for that loss somewhat by coming back into contention following his efforts in the Test series against New Zealand.
Brisbane Heat have a new hero and all eyes will be on that man as he looks to back-up his exploits from his side’s previous match. Tom Banton produced a superb knock to guide his side to their third win in four matches in a rain-affected contest against Sydney Thunder and he will hope to be able to spend longer at the crease as he looks to build on that effort. With Hobart losing D’Arcy Short to international duty, the Hurricanes will be without their best player and others will have to step up in his absence but they are likely to fall short in this contest.